“Yucky Chinese Food - Extremely Dirty”
Review of Greenwood Mandarin - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Greenwood Mandarin
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 3 September 2009

I tried this place once while staying a nearby hotel and found it to be one of the most disgusting Chinese places. I ordered the Vegetable Lo Mein because I was concerned about the cleanliness of a meat dish and was still worried about it once I got it. The interior of the restaurant looks like they have not cleaned it in 30 or 40 years. I sat very close to the kitchen and was sickened by some of the things I saw happen back there. I probably should have just left the restaurant but kept trying to give it the benefit of my doubt. I have eaten in some dirty places and had awesome Chinese food but unfortunately this was not one of them. Stay away!

1  Thank JoeysTrips

Reviewed 1 May 2008

My wife said she had not had time to prepare dinner so asked that I bring home Chinese. I had driven by this restaurant thousands of times in the 15 years I have lived nearby but I had never tried it. I think the fact that it looks like it is in an old Kentucky Fried Chicken outlet scared me away.

We ordered the house special fried rice, house special Chow Mein and Brocolli and Beef. The portions were standard size and the food was OK but nothing exciting. I would characterize the food as pedestrian, at best.

Yeh's Wok in Newcastle, about 5 miles away is far better. I will probably not be going back here.

1  Thank marinanohaha
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed 4 February 2008

Recommended by co-workers. Pretty authentic Chinese (ShangHai/Taiwan) food. Noodles were tasty!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook