“Very clean, well maintained Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Coachman Inn

Coachman Inn
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Chicago area
“Very clean, well maintained Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is an older property that is very well maintained inside and out. The rooms are smallish, but very clean and well cared for. Our room had everything that we needed. The service was outstanding - friendly, courteous, attentive, helpful. Services (restaurants, gas stations, etc.) are close by. When in the area again, we would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Courtenay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife and I spent two nights at the Coachman Inn in May. We could not have been happier with our choice of accommodation in Bellingham. Our room had everything we needed, and it was spotlessly clean. It was also quiet, and we heard no traffic noise at all. The continental breakfast was more than adequate. The Coachman Inn staff could not have been more helpful. A bonus of the location was its proximity to the Sehome Hill Arboretum. We enjoyed walking the trails there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank paulhami
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

My friend and I stayed there six days this past week, and we had a perfect experience. The rooms include great cable and wifi, a small refrigerator and coffee maker, and they are cool and clean. The best continental breakfast I have ever had is included as well, with boiled eggs, muffins, pastries, butter, jam, toast, bagels and cream cheese, cereals, oatmeals, several kinds of juice, and skim, whole and even soy milk! There is a computer you can use for free in the lobby, and the hotel staff can help you with any questions. Situated just off I-5 and near Fairhaven, I will stay at the Coachman Inn every time I visit Bellingham.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank John S
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights based on the reviews posted here. I must say that I totally agree with all the positive reviews. This inn is easily accessed from the interstate. The grounds were immaculate. The rooms are probably a little larger than average and quite comfortable. Great nice fluffy towels, etc. There was a nice continental breakfast served in a nice location. Also, I cannot say enough nice things about the owners and staff. Everyone was so friendly - very personable and ready to help with whatever you need. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Personnel are more than happy to work with you. Request a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sharon K
Yelm, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Spent a weekend in Bellingham to attend a wedding and made reservations here. We had not been to Bellingham before so didn't have any idea about places to stay. We definitely made an excellent choice. The personnel was always friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Loved the workout room with treadmill, elliptical, and bike--just wish I had more time to try out the sauna. The continental breakfast offered plenty of choices. It is an older facility and I loved the fact that there were real keys, not keycards, as I was reminded of staying in motels when I was growing up! There are all types of restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so we requested a ground level room otherwise you will need to climb a flight o...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

This is our last minute decision to stay in Bellingham overnight after spending time on different casinos. We were very impressed with the cleanliness of the room. It was very spacious and the towels feels like towels of the 4 star hotel. I love it. The staff are very friendly. We also enjoyed the free continental breakfast. Lots of varieties which was very surprising for the price we paid. Over all, I give 5 out of 5 ratings for this hotel. Will definitely comeback and will recommend to our friends and relatives.

Room Tip: ask for room 118. its in the middle of the building closed to the exit door. It was quiet and very s...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mila i
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed here in our way to Vancouver based on these reviews; however I was very cautious as the pictures seemed to me like an outdated hotel with a great price for travelers. My surprise was that it´s really a gem; I don´t recall a better value in the last years.

First: management, please change the bed covers to something neutral and more appealing to the Western taste. Also, an update to the corporate brand would be more appealing.
Second: yes, the rooms are comfi, well isolated, good amenities, shower, faucets and equipment work perfect.
Third: another YES for their breakfast and the staff who take care of it. Where can you find a motel with soy milk, whole milk, skim, cream, etc etc and orange juice? No scrambles eggs but they have boiled eggs though!
Fourth: small but enough fitness center, pool, parking and vending machines spread over the motel.

Although the motel has a very convenient access from the highway it´s very well noise-isolated; you don´t need to go through Bellingham downtown; also it´s very close to the university. A few places around to have dinner but I always go to Fairhaven which is a short 5 min drive.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple