“Lots of sleep for a few bucks”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Reviewed 7 April 2008

We stayed here for a quick rest after flying in late in the evening. The place was clean, quiet and comfortable. It was definitely basic accommodation but entirely satisfactory as we all had a good sleep. The place is close to the Interstate but is quiet. They serve a continental breakfast but it is very minimal and most will want something else. For $75 - it represented good value.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 February 2008

I stayed at Rodeway on Christmas Day of 2007. After contacting all of the hotels in the area, Rodeway turned out to be the cheapest. I did not want to stay in a place where I had to access my room from outside, and Rodeway was just what I was looking for- Cheap, and a Non- motel.

The girl at the front desk was very helpful and even helped me find a place to get something to eat (as pretty much everything is closed on christmas day)

The rooms were clean, and even supplied shampoo and conditioner, which was great because I forgot mine at home!! It was fairly quiet except for a few doors shutting but that was fine.

For a room place to stay when you are in need of a quick stop over this place was great. The breakfast was pretty good too!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled solo
3  Thank Prime-image
Reviewed 14 August 2007

Bed bugs in both beds! I killed 5,caught 3 and many got away. The staff gave us a new room at midnight. We moved sleepy kids down the hall. I spent the rest of the night on the internet reading up on these bugs. Ugh! looks like we need to get airtight bags and do lots of laundry when we get home.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Marthalou
Reviewed 26 July 2007

We travel frequently in many areas of the US, staying in 4 star hotels for business and two stars frequently when on our own. We use tripadvisor and other review sites generally to find out whether we should avoid a property that might be experiencing "difficulties" of management... This property showed several negative reviews which I feel I must address...because they caused me to worry needlessly!
This is a fine, two star, simply and clean place.. since the price and location were good, we decided to try it... and we were delighted... everything about the place was just fine... I wonder sometimes what drives people to come away with such different perspectives.. do not hesitate to stay in this Rodeway - in fact, many Rodeways seem to be stepping up to the next level of amenities... this one had a Greek restaurant right next door and was a few short blocks from many mall type chains... but we recommend the Greek restaurant. The hot tub was clean and private and the desk personnel were terrific; the room was immaculate; wifi super fast and easy to log on; bed and furniture seemed new; continental breakfast was clean and basic with bagels, cream cheese, pastries, coffee and juice; free local newspaper; large tv; lots of room; good shower, etc. It makes me wonder what in the world the poor reviews were about....
Try this one... it was the best price in Bellingham. Wish I'd had a camera to take photos to post... to overcome the image of the bad reviews.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TravelBearsColorado
Reviewed 18 July 2007

Check in was professional and quick without a reservation.
The beds were very comfortable but the room smelled of smoke.
Window can be opened fully, which is a nice option instead of AC.
Check-out was poor. No fresh coffee at 6am and had to ask the desk clerk to stop watching tv and check me out, he played on the computer and after asking a 2nd time to check out, he finally complied.
The only bump in this hotel stay was checking out, otherwise for a 1 night stay you should be fine and sleep well.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank advcardio
Reviewed 25 June 2007

We too were looking for an inexpensive room close to the airport for an early flight the next morning.

I was impressed with the outside. It looked much better than the picture.

We checked in 6/21/07 and went up to our room. I was appalled.

Mattesses were put on top of boxes covered with carpet. No box springs. I flipped up the coverlet up and down the side of my carpeted box was an ugly huge black stain. A thin fitted sheet directly over a very cheap mattress. Dime store lumpy pillows. No screen on the window. At least four knobs were missing on the dresser which looked like it was survived a World War. Everything was old and worn and dingy including the lobby and elevator. Again not enough paper thin towels for two.

We paid $71 for this room. We left after our money was returned with a desk clerk comment, "What was wrong?".I didn't know where to begin.

I was concerned that we wouldn't find another room that late. But just two doors down is a Best Western that did.

The Best Western room was $99. The room was stunning. Traditional beautiful furniture. Everything spotless and looked new.. Plenty of linens. Lots of lamps.....something motels seem to be stingy with.. The bath had a coffee maker, hair dryer, heat lamp and magniffying mirror along with a mirror across two walls, one a full length.

The motel consists of several buildings with a beautiful ivy cdovered ravine. The landscaping was beautiful and perfectly kept. The sauna and pool was sparkling. Everything was spotless inside and out..

We woke up an hour late for our plane. I called the front desk who had the bill ready and waiting.
All this for only $20 more than Rodeway two doors down .

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank pizazz1995
A TripAdvisor Member
Federal Way, WA
Reviewed 9 June 2006

The hallways with the non smoking rooms smelled of cigarette smoke. Our clothes smelled of smoke just from standing in the hall. It reminded us of the smell of bars before the non smoking ban. The tv was old and fuzzy. The front desk told us to wiggle the cable to fix it which didn't help. The remote was slow for the tv and sporadically worked. Hotel sheets were very thin with wear and came off as soon as you turned in bed. Wake up call never happened. Breakfast was cookies, pound cake and a banana served in a narrow hallway by the elevator. Room service didn't come to one of the rooms in our group. You can hear everything happening in the room next to you- walls are paper thin! Tiles in the elevator are cracked and very dirty. We paid $74 each night. The room was very small. Bath towels are the size of a large hand towel. I would not recommend staying in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2006