“Nice check in service, room average and hope for a quiet stay”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Kelowna
“Nice check in service, room average and hope for a quiet stay”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

After last night's awful fiasco at Econo Lodge I am hoping for a peaceful quiet night stay here as made the change and also for a change I am making a posting before being here too long as so far much better than that Econo Lodge as it was horrid BUT the tub here is super plugged and fills up fast and easy but I can always address that and will in good time. Fridge has conked out too but that too can be an easy fix I am sure but have to leave for a comedy show I am looking forward to. So far not bad and WAY better than last night! Tomorrow shopping at Bellis Fair. Location is very good here.

Room Tip: Not sure of sleep quality yet but if horrible I will do an add on when I can.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
GMBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed our location and check in service. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 20 May 2014

a great hotel to stay at if your looking to not spend an arm and a leg to sleep. the staff is friendly, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. had a nice tv also with a good selection of channels. the wifi had a strong signal. the breakfast was good, but cranberry juice would have been good to have along with the other juices they had. over all its a fair decent place to stay and i will stay again next time i am in the area!

Room Tip: i think it was 118 i stayed in,,,nice tub.. jacuzzi, nice room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
GMBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
I am glad that you enjoyed the value and the amenities of our hotel! We are especially happy to share this review with our staff who work hard to ensure that you feel welcomed like family. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Hands down the nastiest hotel I've stayed in since that time in 1991 when I was young, dumb, and drunk and paid $12 for a room in Nuevo Laredo. Have all my questionable life choices led to this fresh hell? Blood stains on the sheets, filthy old stained mattress and crappy box springs, black mold on the bathtub grout... Only stayed 1 night and switched hotels the following morning. Too bad I can't give this place a negative-star review.

(And yes, I have photos to back up this review. Tragic, horrifying, gag-reflex-triggering photos.)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Rikki E
GMBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the housekeeping and maintenance issues that you encountered during your stay in our hotel. I want to assure you that your comments are being taken seriously, passed onto our staff and addressed through continuous improvements to our accommodations and policies. Your feedback will help us to grow and evolve and I thank you for taking the time to write an insightful review and to point out areas in need of improvement.
San Jose, California
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I travel semi-frequently for work (2-3 times a quarter) so I stay in a fair range of hotels from very nice to humble but clean. Came here with coworkers for a conference. All the others on my team had similar experiences and quality of room but I will just say my story. In my room, there is blood spatter on a lamp, one of the walls has been kicked in, and the room was clearly not cleaned thoroughly (for example, the piece of cheese in my sheets). In the end, it isn't a total loss, since I will now have significant weight with my team next time I say "We should NOT stay at that place". Honestly I am just looking forward to leaving, I don't want anyone to clean the room for fear they will make it dirtier somehow. Small, I can deal with. Not a lot of amenities? I can deal with that too. Blood spatter and filth in the room? I don't have firsthand experience here but I am assuming even prison cells get cleaned better if someone gets murdered in them. On the plus side, staff seems friendly so if you were forced to stay here for some reason you at least have that going for you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank EW_SanJose
GMBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
We are dedicated to ensuring that you receive the highest level of service and your feedback will help us to correct and improve our accommodations and amenities to better achieve this determined goal. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we want to assure you that the housekeeping issues which you have brought to our attention are being addressed with renewed efforts to improve upon our policies to ensure that each guest has a pleasant and comfortable experience in the future. We sincerely hope that we may be given a chance to change your perception of our hotel in the future.
Hope, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Chose this hotel for it's "park & fly" package. What a joke. Going to the airport was no problem but trying to get back to the hotel was impossible. We were left out in the cold waiting for their taxi service to pick us up for over a half hour. Then we gave in and got our own cab back. The desk clerk did apologize and reimbursed us the cab fare and promised that the manager would contact us. Never happened. He either needs a couple of courses in customer relations or to be fired. If you aren't using this "special package" then the place was quite acceptable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ron S
Val P, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear valued guest,

I am so sorry to hear that you experienced such an inconvenience. I also apologize for my delay in responding to this incident, I ask for your kind understanding for my mistake, I will use this event to better our service and my own commitment to our hotel.

I'd like to offer you some compensation for this matter, please give me an email @ valpark20@gmail.com, I will be contacting you personally over this incident.

Thank you for choosing Rodeway, we'd love to get another opportunity to provide you with a comfortable and convenient stay!
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 28 December 2013

If you read my 11/25/12 review I finally was able to find out what happened but the Rodeway people did not care to hear it and it was too late to "win" the battle with my credit card company.

A short summary of how this hotel takes advantage of group reservations is that when some of the members of the group come in, they check those people into available rooms OUTSIDE of the group reservation then later charge your credit card for these same "no shows" on your group reservation. I met with our team and they all gave me proof of payment for staying at the hotel but those 3 parties were NOT listed as staying with our group thus I was charged again for these people as "no shows".

If you are a group coordinator, make sure each of your party checks with you that they have checked in and cross-check that with the hotel staff before leaving or else you will get your card charged for "no shows". They were able to make a bunch of money off of our team with this scam. I will be reporting this to the BBB and Attorney General for the State of Washington now that I know how the scam is run.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank soccernutz
GMBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
As per your last review, this reservation was handled by the Group Reservation Contract. It is disheartening to hear that you were unsatisfied with your experience but please know that providing you an unpleasant experience was certainly not intended. For future reference please ensure that all members of your group let the front desk staff know which reservation they are with to ensure they are not counted as a “no show” and that all communications are clear between your entire group and our staff.
Bellingham
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We spent the night prior to leaving to Vegas the next day. The room was clean, no problems there. However the room did not seem to have any soundproofing. The stairs was located right next to the room and that is all we heard all night was people going up and down. So not very restful at all. The one thing that was good was being able to park our vehicle there for the duration of our Vegas trip and it was quite reasonable too.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

GMBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for reaching out to us through this review. Hearing your insightful feedback means a lot to us, for it greatly helps us in correcting the things that we may have overlooked. We certainly make it a point to keep the rooms clean at all times and hearing that you took notice of it is indeed heart-warming. We however apologize if your night was not a restful one because of the foot traffic, should you wish to stay with us again we would be happy to assign you a quieter room location upon request. We hope that we could be of service to you and your family again very soon.