“Came for breakfast, fell in love! ”

Magdalena’s Creperie
Ranked #5 of 13 Dessert in Bellingham
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We were visiting Bellingham. Our daughter told us about a creperie she'd liked but couldn't remember the name. We couldn't find it on the web, but did happen upon Magdalena's which is in Fairhaven, a quaint suburb where we planned to stop anyway. We decided to give it a try and it was wonderful. Inventive crepes, savory and dessert, fresh and delicious. We shared a veggie crepe, made properly with buckwheat; potato and cheese perogi, and a smoked salmon, avocado, sun dried tomato, and horse radish creme baguette. We were too full for a dessert crepe, alas. Very reasonable prices, especially considering the quality. And Magdalena proved lively, personable, and charming. The cuisine is basically Polish, but lightened and re-invented. I took some photos for TripAdvisor readers. Almost worth a trip from Seattle.
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

While visiting my daughter at Western Washington University, she took me to breakfast at a creperie in Fairhaven. The restaurant was charming, great friendly service, and the breakfast crepes were the best. They had an extensive menu with a polish flair. I fell in love with this place and will be back for more!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I had a business lunch with somebody who knows and likes good food. The place was quiet, the atmosphere relaxed, and the friendly service was unobtrusive; a great place to get to know somebody. It reminds me of an upscale Vienna coffee parlor; extremely civilized with an old world European charm, the latter complemented by the gentle Polish accents of the pleasant staff. The food was outstanding, fresh and flavorful and nicely served. Many tempting choices on the menu. Not particularly cheap, but well worth it and vastly superior to standard US brunch cuisine. The kind of place to go when when you want to give yourself or others a modest but delicious treat.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stopped in during an overnight in the area and loved this place, reminded me of Europe. My fruit crepe was delicious, as was my latte. Server was excellent and the setting is charming. Highly recommend this place and wish we had something like this in Minnesota!

2  Thank Jeni H
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Highly recommended to try from friends with positive reviews, found this review column and thus was confident to visit on a weekday visit to Fairhaven.
Ordered the Salmon arugala feta crepe and was disappointed with the extremely thin almost airmail paper thin crepe that came. The filling was fine but very light weight crepe which is not the European style either. Perhaps the sweet crepes are thicker, or it was an off day for the chef.
Anyhow, four of us all felt : not quite value for money but not doubting quality of food, taste, presentation and preparation overall.
Server was very good and attentative.
So if you are hungry and want a fulfilling meal, this may not be the spot for you.
But for ambience and gourmet experience in creperie, enjoy. Just maybe check on the thickness of crepes around you before you order and be Oliver and ask for more!
Nice crafted fair trade Coffee coming in a big pot to share.

1  Thank FSR888
Greg T, Owner at Magdalena’s Creperie, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hello and thanks for all your nice comments. Magdalena trained in Brittany France, the birthplace of crepes and I assure you that the airmail paper thin crepe is the way they make them in Brittany. It is far more difficult (from a technical standpoint) to make that thin crepe, compared to the thicker, pancake style crepe, more often seen in the blintz, blini, palacinky, or even those made by the street vendors in Paris. It's not a "more" or "less" issue, it's a style that's been around for nearly 900 years. Many people prefer the lightness of the Brittany style crepe, but I can appreciate that it wasn't your expectation. The baked crepe is a bit thicker and heavier meal that may be what you need to satisfy your appetite. Whether the "envelope" was thick or thin, I'm glad you liked the contents and happy that you appreciated the rest of your dining experience. We hope we'll see you again.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stopped here on our way Seattle to vancouver for lunch

My husband had the Oslo sandwich which he LOVED I had the special baked crepe which was good. It was a lot of cheese sauce and not as many veggies as I would have liked but I could see that they have many wonderful choices and we would definitely go there again
We sat outside which was wonderful and the service was top-notch!