“A hidden treasure!”

Cuisines: American
Blaine, Washington
“A hidden treasure!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I'd been wanting to stop here since it opened but was a little put-off by the location. I could not have been more wrong and should have known better! It's those little hidden treasures that often offer the best experience. We sat outside and had one of the happy hour martinis. The bartender came out and took our order and checked on us to see if we wanted another or something to eat. Quite honestly, I don't even remember the commercial distractions or the sounds of traffic. Not because I had more than one (because I didn't) but because what I do remember is how nice it was to have a place like this right in the middle of it all where you can take a moment to relax and enjoy the moment!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank TomJoHudson

Seattle, Washington
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Nice place with a relaxing atmosphere. A decent menu better than typical "bar" food. My only complaint is their wine selection. When Wine Bar is in the title, you expect a better wine selection.

Visited July 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Great place to eat and relax”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

To be honest we didn't expect much in this bar/restaurant stuck in the middle of a strip mall, but we were super impressed!

The atmosphere was relaxed, with big comfy armchairs much like a coffee shop. The duo playing piano an guitar were good, and not too loud, which was a nice change.

The service was very friendly, and it turns out that the place is run by a family with the 2 sons behind the bar. They are excellent cocktail mixers and have obviously had plenty of experience.

The food was just what we were looking for and was very reasonably priced as well. Not pretentious, with things like nachos, sliders, and flatbreads, all of which were between $7 and $10.

The choice of cocktails and beverages was also excellent and overall we were made to feel welcome and our business was obviously appreciated, which is nice. It shows when a the staff in an establishment like this actually care about the business and customers, and this was a great example of it.

Highly recommended!

• Visited April 2013
washington state
“Good Service and Atmosphere”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Despite reading some reviews about slow service and staff focusing on regulars and ignoring new customers, I decided to give this place a try. Mainly because one of my friends had spoken well of this place plus I had an appointment at a spa within walking distance. My friend and I walked in at 4pm on a Friday. There was one group in the place but otherwise empty. We sat at a table and within a few minutes (right after serving drinks to the group) the bartender/waiter came over to us. He was very friendly and personable. He asked if we'd like to hear about the happy hour specials and we said yes. He then listed off all the martini flavors. My friend asked about he beer and the bartender went into all the different beer they had on tap and where they are from. He seemed to take pleasure in describing them and their origins. We ordered drinks, which he brought promptly and then took our food order. I ordered the Margherita flatbread and my friend ordered the turkey reuben with caesar salad. While we were there more people started coming in and filling up the tables. Despite that, the service was excellent throughout our time there. We were sitting in a corner with one small table in between our chairs - right before our food arrived, a young man brought another small table so that we'd have ample table space for our drinks and food. My pomegranite martini was good and only $4.00. We were both pleased with the meal. I am looking forward to going back again when they have live music.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank morejourneystocome
Bellingham, Washington, United States
“Great music”
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I has the nicest evening here last weekend with my sisters. Had great cocktails served by very friendly staff. And LOVED singer/guitar player Falcon! The only unfortunate part is that the Fireside is surrounded y a giant strip mall. But once the sun starts to go down you forget all about that.

Visited October 2012