“Absolutly love the wines!”

Vartanyan Estate Winery
Ranked #37 of 84 things to do in Bellingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Just 5 minutes from exit 255 I-5 there is a boutique Winery with its excellent wines to enjoy. Small, women owned and operated winery by Margarita Vartanyan produces some of the finest limited edition Wines. Share the beauty and the bounty of magnificent Mount Baker view from our Tasting Room/Gallery or outside patio with the fireplace.
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Usually you find 1-2 wines at the winery you like. Here I absolutely love every wine I tasted. They open different wines every weekend, check their Syrah and Tempranillo, if they have those wines open for tasting. Balanced, with blossom of flavors, the wines have long finish and smooth and complex aftertaste.
Great outside picnic area, but weather wasn't welcoming to sit outside when I came, plan to come back for sure and have a glass of wine outside next time.

There are newer reviews for Vartanyan Estate Winery

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Very nice, small, family owned winery. Love their red wines: soft, smooth, well-aged in barrels and very reasonably priced. Wish the weather was better to sit on outside patio with the glass of wine, the view of Mount Baker is incredible. And the greeting teem of 2 winery dogs was so welcoming. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Wines are very oxidative in style. What they do is probably just fine for people who just want to have fun, or take a picnic along on a nice day (the grounds are pretty), but if you're a serious kind of wine person (like me) this is not going to be your kind of place.

4  Thank UnrepentantFoodie
Reviewed 31 July 2013

It is always a great time at Vartanyan Winery. The owner is always a delight! The wines are excellent. There is a nice picnic area with gorgeous views of Mt. Baker. In the summer there is music on Saturday's. There are special events through out the year and sometimes you are lucky enough to do some barrel tasting. The cost of tasting is only $5.00 and refundable with purchase of a bottle. And trust me, you will want to buy a bottle. Very reasonable priced too!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Not in the mood for gambling, I stopped by this little winery. I have to say, it was one of the best decisions I made. The owner was very friendly, and answered all the questions I had. The views were gorgeous and next time I am in town, I plan on stopping by again.