“Friendly staff & great location”

Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed 2 nights (Aug. 2 &3) while my niece attended Western's orientation. The 2 queen size beds were super comfortable and the bedding was quality white cotton linens with a down alternative quilt that was to die for. I'm already shopping for one just like it so I can replace my feather/down quilt. We arrived on Thursday and the pool area was all ours. They have a nice well-ventelated room to the side of the pool where the hot tub is located along with a large restroom. The setup was nice and all we needed for just 2. The pool and hot tub were on the small side, but it didn't matter to us - it was refreshing and theraputic after shopping.

The fellow who checked us in was very helpful with all the important info about the hotel as well as info about the University where we had to be the next morning. Nice guy, can't remember his name, but we saw him a few times and he greeted us and made us feel welcome. Also ran into staff working the grounds/pool area and housekeeping - everyone was really pleasant. We didn't want or need housekeeping on our second day, but I was able to go to the housekeeping lady in the hall and ask to exchange my towels; she gave me the full set up of coffee, toiletries, cups when I told her we didn't need our room attended to.

It was a comfortable place to stay and I felt at home. The TV was a large flatscreen, the building backs up to a senior living place that is really quiet, and the room was clean. The only thing that wasn't perfect was the commode that seemed to be a little wobbley. As you can see from the rating I gave, it really wasn't that big of a deal.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank HiFromWA
Baymont2166, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

The Baymont Staff and I are glad to hear that you had a great stay at the hotel with your niece for WWU's Orientation. Here at the Baymont, we are always excited to offer great accommodations for potential and currently enrolled WWU, WCC and BTC students as well as for family members looking to come visit. We hope to see you again and best of luck to your niece at Western.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Good price for a clean & comfortable stay. The pool and hot tub could use some attention. Seemed a bit murky.
Other than that, I would recommend staying there.
Went down to shop but found that prices are just as good in Canada.
Just saying...

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank alpinegardener
Baymont2166, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2012

Thank you very much for your recommendation of the Baymont Inn & Suites. The staff and I are happy to have been able to accommodate you during your visit here to Bellingham.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed here for almost a week and it was okay. The first night we stayed in a room that smelled a bit of smoke and my allergies really went wild. In the morning we asked if we could switch and they were more than apologetic and gave us a new room immediately. The new room also smelled a bit and I seemed to be allergic to their cleaning supplies, but the room was very clean. There was a small fridge and microwave which was nice, and the room was quiet big. The internet was very slow and the breakfast was very very carb heavy. The front desk staff were very nice, informative and accommodating, but the day we were checking out the maid service tried to come in and clean three times (all well before checkout time). All in all it was nice, but nothing special.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Baymont2166, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Here at the Baymont Inn & Suites, we appreciate the input our valued guests give us and share with others about their stay here at the hotel. Our 24/7 staff here at the Baymont will continue to strive to provide our guests with the kind of experience they would come to expect from the Baymont Brand.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Stayed 4 days for a soccer tournament and found the service to be be responsive and attentive. They quickly replenished breakfast items, provided extra towels, and extended our late check out for a quick shower after our last game. Rooms were clean and larger than average with comfortable beds and furnishings. Conveniently located amongst many choices of restaurants and shopping, yet quiet at night.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Roberta R
Baymont2166, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Here at the Baymont Inn & Suites, we are always excited to house Soccer Teams for the summer. We take great pride in delivering a quality stay at centralized location for all your needs while staying in Bellingham. We hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed 12 July 2012

We have stayed in other La Quinta's, so when I saw that the Baymont had previously been one I was interested. We wanted a king bedroom for two people and I saw where you could pay $5.00 more for a room with a recliner, so I booked it. What a delightful surprise- we stayed in the Presidential Suite right above the office! There was a curved wall of windows and the room was just beautiful. There was even a gigantic jetted bathtub that would fit more than one person. We enjoyed the large desk and the recliner, too. This room was an excellent value and we enjoyed ourselves very much. Two air conditioning units in the room kept it quite comfortable on a warm summer day. Everything was nice and clean. The breakfast room was well stocked and pleasant in the morning.
The location is central to lots of restaurants and shopping but there is a fair amount of traffic in the area. We also had a bit of trouble with the wi-fi, but then we didn't report it so we can't really complain. A second waffle iron in the breakfast room is needed as many people seem to love waffles when traveling.

Room Tip: Go for the Presidential Suite right over the office.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LindaCH07
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience that you had while staying with us here at the Baymont Inn & Suites. We appreciate your valued input and will continue to provide our valued guests with a clean and comfortable stay.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

My husband and I stay at the Baymont every time we visit Bellingham and have yet to be disappointed. The rooms are clean, the staff friendly and helpful, and the location can't be beat for our purposes. Big thanks to the guys at the front desk who are so helpful whenever we have questions. We'll be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MarkieL
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Here at the Baymont Inn & Suites, we are always excited to hear that a return guest had another great experience here at the hotel. We hope to be able to serve you sometime again in the near future!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

While the staff were very nice, the ammenities were not up to standard. I had two separate rooms and both had broken hand towel racks that fell off the wall when using the hand towel. Both bathrooms smelled of urine. It was the urine smell in the bathrooms that was the worst. The rooms were a little tight to move around in, however, I did get rooms with 2 queen beds in them. Perhaps the other rooms were more spacious? I had rooms above the pool and that was a little bit noisy, but nothing too awful. It was otherwise quiet and we all were able to sleep in without difficulty. I'd like to say that I'd stay there again, but I won't. I can't get the urine smell out of my nose.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LisaDC_2000
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

The staff and I are sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory stay with us here at the Baymont Inn & Suites. We take your valued input to heart and will be sure to look into all the items of concern right away. Please be aware that here at the Baymont Inn & Suites, we are staffed 24/7 and are always available to help our guests.