“Nice Room! Clean and Convenient.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Bellingham-Airport

Hampton Inn Bellingham-Airport
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Hong Kong, China
“Nice Room! Clean and Convenient.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have been staying in this hotel from time to time for the last 14 years. I just stayed there last week and found that the rooms have been redecorated. The changes make this hotel classier. The beddings were very nice. There was a nice on the bed saying: "We have cleaned the bedding and cover for you before you arrive." It is nice to know that the cover is actually fresh and clean.
Services are prompt. The place is located right off highway and near the airport. This hotel is a nice choice for the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Joseph L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Portland, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was our first experience with a Hampton Inn. We stayed there because our nephew was getting married in the conference hall. The hotel was clean, quiet, and the service and staff were excellent. I would call this a very good basic, convenient hotel. The pool looked very nice, though we did not use it. The complimentary breakfast was very good; better than many we have had in other hotel chains.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Beverly D
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Yes I expected good service--it IS the Hampton Inn, but besides comfort, cleanliness and kind reception, I received EXPERT customer service. Thanks to the Bellingham Hampton for having outstanding staff!! From the moment of check in--they couldn't find my reservation, but quickly and graciously found space for us to the seamless check out which included leaving a bag of homemade pickles which we need for the second leg of our trip, and a early complimentary breakfast, we received good old fashioned amazing service. So yeah, we did expect a certain amount of good service, but they went Above and Beyond to make sure our stay was great and the service superb! Great job and our thanks.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Bonnie Q
kamloops
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice clean friendly hotel. Excellent for travelling to and from the airport.Staff friendly. Good variety for breakfast. Convenient way to stay before and after a flight with a secure spot to leave your car.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank misurina48
Yreka, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We always give first consideration to Hampton INN's WHEN traveling, and have stayed in many over the yeARS.. tHIS hotel fell far short of all other Hampton's. Had this been my first experience at a Hampton Inn, I would have never booked with them again..We were given inaccurate information ..We were told there was an on site pool and there was not. The carpets were in need of cleaning..the place was somewhat depressing..I understand some hotels are corporate owned others are franchised..This hotel must have been franchised, because of the most obvious difference is standards...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank monsoons2013
Shari K, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Bellingham-Airport, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
I appreciate your honest review of your recent stay with our hotel. I apologize for our property not meeting your expectations as comfort and safety is my highest priority for our guests. I’m sorry that you were unaware of our pool situation prior to your stay, our outdoor pool is open from the end of May through September. I invite you to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Kind Regards,
Shari Karber
Director of Sales
p: 360-676-7700
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Staff are friendly. They were struggling to keep up with the pace of rugby players that stayed in the hotel, but they were patient and efficient! I had the best sleep in my life! Will definitely go back again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank VALT17
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I just returned from a two night stay at this hotel in Bellingham. I am at a complete loss why anyone wouldn't rate this hotel as outstanding. My room was great, comfortable, clean, and a great value. They had an excellent breakfast for free that had fresh fruit, eggs, cereal, and waffles to name just a few items on the menu. In the afternoon, they had freshly baked cookies and milk, popcorn, and cold sodas. The exercise room wasn't too big, but they had Precor machines and they worked great. The bathroom had a whirlpool tub and was a really great feature after exercising in the morning.

I couldn't have been more satisfied with my stay. My only complaint was the business center in the lobby that had snail slow computers that made it impossible to use for business purposes.

The hotel also had a shuttle van (didn't use it because I flew into Seattle and drove up) that can bring you to the airport that is just behind the hotel.

Overall a truly great hotel that I won't hesitate to return to the next time I am in Bellingham.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business