“Friendly staff, very helpful”
Review of Bellingham Lodge

Bellingham Lodge
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Vancouver, Canada
“Friendly staff, very helpful”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My son and I stayed here for a few nights while visiting local attractions.
The hotel room was basic but clean. There is a sauna, and whirlpool tub and an small outside pool. The whirlpool seemed like it could use some chlorine but everything else was fine.
The staff were amazing and offered to make you waffles in the morning. They were quick to print you off directions to anywhere you wanted to go. On our arrival there was a new employee on his first day working alone. He was multi tasking as he was taking care of a few people all at once but kept very calm, he was apologetic, and very polite! I would stay here again as the price was right. I booked through Hotwire.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying on the top floor as we could hear people walking around above heads as we...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
wisconsin
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I booked a night, rather reluctantly after reading reviews. I stay in a lot of hotels and motels and don't have time for poorly run ones. Bellingham lodge was a pleasant surprise. First, my room was clean and comfortable with microwave, fridge, coffeepot and large flat screen tv. the bed was comfortable, the ac worked great and the bathroom was clean. ALL of the staff I dealt with were helpful and professional without being in any way intrusive. The hotel was quiet and secure. All this is to be expected in a well run establishment.

What sets Bellingham Lodge apart, and above lodgings in its class are the little extras that i didn't expect to find.
1. Tv has tons of channels including multiple premium movie channels at no extra cost!
2.Free wi Fi in the room that is fast, easy to use and doesn't disconnect
3.Free breakfast that is an actual real, full complete breakfast, including cooked to order waffles!
4Spa and pool that are actually worth using (i am partial to hot tubs and this one is good!)

It is obvious that the management both cares and pays attention, it shows in the details.
oh, and after one night, I extended my stay for the ten days I was In bellingham. You just won't find a better value.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank hilobound
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This an older hotel with a great location to easily get to all the shopping on Bellingham. The staff were so friendly and the continental breakfast was a waffle made fresh, cereal, oatmeal, coffee and juice. The pool was a super refresher zfter a hot day of shopping. I will certainly return . air conditioning screens on the windows and very affordable. M arie Peterson.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank joeann48
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very little was even OK with this property. I wasn't in charge of the booking and thought, how bad could it be? Well, bad enough that I should have checked it out more. The place is way past it's prime and the amount of noise was ridiculous. There seem to be many other options close by, try anything else but not here!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank VTatIQ

Travellers are raving about these Bellingham hotels

Pitt Meadows, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our family stayed at the Bellingham Lodge as part of a large group in the area for a soccer tournament. We should have considered ourselves warned when the Boarder Guard told us to make sure we locked our doors after we told him where we were staying. We were warned again by the hotel front desk staff to not let the boys wander around by themselves (even though they were teenagers and in a large group) we were warned a third time by the staff at the gas station across the street. At least they were looking out for us!
Our first impression was that the motel was very outdated with no upgrades for quite some time. The room did have a small fridge, coffee pot and a microwave. The microwave was on the nightstand in between the two beds and the coffee pot was in the bathroom (we opted to not use it). Our room had just been cleaned and "smelled" clean but everything is so outdated it didn't feel clean. I forgot to bring my own pillow and regretted it!
Our room was on the first floor and the noise from the second floor kept us up most of the night. We were not the only ones with a noise complaint. When I told the front desk in the morning another guest told me they also had problems with the noise. The front desk said that the party above our room had checked out but I think she said that to everyone that complained. Others in our group, also on the first floor, also had problems with the noise and the family that was by the stairwell heard people walking up and down the stairs all night and the door going outside banging shut. Wondering now if the rooms were being rented out by the hour. Not sure what else would create that kind of foot traffic all night long. One family in our group refused to stay another night and found another motel to stay at. The rest of us should have followed!
We were out for the day and when we returned we found that our room did not have any housekeeping done. When I went to the front desk I was informed that housekeeping had left for the day and that she could get me some fresh towels and let the owner know. Not much else she could have done but I got the impression that she didn't really didn't care.
Later that evening we came in from being outside to the smell of marijuana throughout the motel. When one of our group went to the front desk she was informed that it is legal in the State of Washington and they could smoke it as long as they had a smoking room. It doesn't matter that we all paid for non-smoking rooms and that the smoke was permeating the entire motel.
Night number two was just as noisy as the first one so it was now two nights with very limited sleep. We had requested a wake up call for the morning that didn't happen. Luckily we didn't need it as we were already awake!
I have read other reviews and they mention for the price, its not bad. We paid $103 per night and don't consider this a deal. I would not stay here again for free.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here make sure you are on the second floor and away from the stairwells
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PittMom2
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My Husband and I and our 9 month old son stayed there for 3 nights and the stay was great. The staff was very friendly. The pool is small but not that bad. The beds were comfy and the rooms were clean. And the cleaning lady was very nice. Nothing bad to say about the hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The smell,stained carpet,walls and furniture had us checking out an hour after checking in. I feel like im contaminated and im actually honestly worried I may have a bug or two from there. I do not suggest staying here at all. My husband and.twin boys are happy to be home.

• Stayed June 2014