“a clean and basic place to stay for the night that works on a budget”
Review of Bellingham Lodge

Bellingham Lodge
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Vancouver, Canada
“a clean and basic place to stay for the night that works on a budget”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Bellingham Lodge was a great budget place to stop for the night. Our room was very clean and met our basic needs with a comfy bed, free wifi, free on site parking, friendly staff. We caught the tail end of the free continental breakfast so can't really comment on the full extent of the offerings as it looked like a bunch of folks beat us to it! But a fellow was happy to get us going with some homemade waffles. Walk down the road to a great pub called McKay's for some fresh and delicious pizza pies and over 100 beers to choose from. We'd stay here again if we were passing through Bellingham.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MonaCaf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I REPEAT, DO NOT STAY HERE. We were in desperation, and this was the only open room in a 50 miles radius, so we reluctantly stayed here.

The building is old, so I understand that some slack should be cut. However, THE ROOM WAS FILTHY. The floors had clearly not been swept in weeks (there was dirt and hair and other debris) and there was trash all over, dropped between a crevice five inches wide between the dresser and fridge (so yes, you could definitely see and PICK IT UP). Thick dust was along the floor and especially in the corners.

The bed had previously been slept in and it appeared as though they had tucked the comforter in to make it look "clean". The sheets were covered in hair and there was blood smeared on the top sheet. The pillows were hair covered and stained, as well.

We called the front desk, and a lady changed the sheets and said she'd "make a note that this room wasn't cleaned". The "clean" sheets had hair on them, as well.

On the bright side, the bathroom seemed clean and there was a mini fridge and microwave (we were fearful to actually use those, but I digress).

The bed has a frame that was obviously not made for it, as there was funky metal pieces that stuck out and are easy to trip over (I got an awful gash on my leg courtesy of the nasty fellow).

The room has a mishmash of appliances from different hotels - phone from Travelodge, clock from Park Motel, fridge from Okinan(something). I'm nitpicking here, but that's very unprofessional and could be easily dealt with.

Bottom line, if I could give a negative rating, I would. This place is terrible. Save yourself the trouble and DO NOT STAY HERE.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank WanderingAdventures

Travellers are raving about these Bellingham hotels

Franklin, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Compared to other hotels in the area, the quality is comparable or superior to hotels costing up to $40 more. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the shower was perfect. These days I like to have a good internet connection and the speed at Bellingham Lodge was among the best I encountered. I didn't use the pool but it looked nice and the other guests seemed to enjoy it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank DrRoy1963
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My son and I stayed here for a few nights while visiting local attractions.
The hotel room was basic but clean. There is a sauna, and whirlpool tub and an small outside pool. The whirlpool seemed like it could use some chlorine but everything else was fine.
The staff were amazing and offered to make you waffles in the morning. They were quick to print you off directions to anywhere you wanted to go. On our arrival there was a new employee on his first day working alone. He was multi tasking as he was taking care of a few people all at once but kept very calm, he was apologetic, and very polite! I would stay here again as the price was right. I booked through Hotwire.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying on the top floor as we could hear people walking around above heads as we...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
wisconsin
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I booked a night, rather reluctantly after reading reviews. I stay in a lot of hotels and motels and don't have time for poorly run ones. Bellingham lodge was a pleasant surprise. First, my room was clean and comfortable with microwave, fridge, coffeepot and large flat screen tv. the bed was comfortable, the ac worked great and the bathroom was clean. ALL of the staff I dealt with were helpful and professional without being in any way intrusive. The hotel was quiet and secure. All this is to be expected in a well run establishment.

What sets Bellingham Lodge apart, and above lodgings in its class are the little extras that i didn't expect to find.
1. Tv has tons of channels including multiple premium movie channels at no extra cost!
2.Free wi Fi in the room that is fast, easy to use and doesn't disconnect
3.Free breakfast that is an actual real, full complete breakfast, including cooked to order waffles!
4Spa and pool that are actually worth using (i am partial to hot tubs and this one is good!)

It is obvious that the management both cares and pays attention, it shows in the details.
oh, and after one night, I extended my stay for the ten days I was In bellingham. You just won't find a better value.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank hilobound
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This an older hotel with a great location to easily get to all the shopping on Bellingham. The staff were so friendly and the continental breakfast was a waffle made fresh, cereal, oatmeal, coffee and juice. The pool was a super refresher zfter a hot day of shopping. I will certainly return . air conditioning screens on the windows and very affordable. M arie Peterson.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank joeann48
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very little was even OK with this property. I wasn't in charge of the booking and thought, how bad could it be? Well, bad enough that I should have checked it out more. The place is way past it's prime and the amount of noise was ridiculous. There seem to be many other options close by, try anything else but not here!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family