Hotel Bellwether
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Inn Bellingham(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
US$115
GuestHouse Inn Bellingham(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
US$110
QualityInn
Best Western Heritage Inn(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
US$149
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bellingham(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
US$143
La Quinta
US$198
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
US$154
SpringHill Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Hampton Inn Bellingham-Airport(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
US$96
The Chrysalis Inn & Spa(Bellingham)
US$237
US$231
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsbellingham baylighthouse suitelighthouse barjetted tubwater viewexecutive plazagas fireplacewater fronthotel restaurantsan juan islandsseparate showerking size bedunderground parkingpuget soundloved this hotelview of the baybeautiful room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Very comfortable and roomy, excellent service and great location on the harbour.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pacificisland
Reviewed 28 January 2011

I am an airline pilot and travel for a living. This hotel is a real gem. It is beautifully located on a marina. The rooms are very large with a fireplace in them and full bath. The lounge area is very comfortable - dark wood, fireplace and a piano playing in the background - a perfect place to hang out after a busy day. The best part about this place is the hotel staff. The owner is from Austria, and has trained his staff to always go over and above when dealing with their guests...they truly make you feel at home. I oversleep one morning, and almost missed the continental breakfast that was to end at 10:00 a.m. I arrived at 9:55 a.m., and every thing was still available - not only that, the staff told me to take my time and enjoy myself. I stayed until 10:40 a.m. and was never felt rushed - great experience!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank dogoftroy
Reviewed 30 November 2010

I booked our hotel room with some degree of trepidation, based on some previous Tripadvisor reviews. However, my husband had an appointment right next door and thus the location was perfect. Well, if I had any doubts, they vanished the moment I arrived at the front desk and was greeted by a very pleasant and proficient young man, who checked us in effortlessly and then directed us to a large and secure underground parking facility (parking was included in room rate).
Our room was very well-appointed: good quality bedding, gas fireplace, jetted soaker tub, ample writing desk, and even a granite countertop upon which we found an assortment of tea and coffee. Definitely not your run-of-the-mill chain hotel. The room even came with its own large private balcony--which we didn't use, but would be nice in warmer weather. The hotel is right on the waterfront and there is a paved walking trail which leads to a pretty park. The hotel is pet-friendly, allowing pets on the 1st and 2nd floor. We brought our dog and he was as warmly received as we were.
Every staff member we came in contact with was friendly and went out of their way to be helpful when we needed advice on where to eat, where to purchase certain items etc. A free continental breakfast was included, which was an unexpected treat.
Both of us were very pleased with this hotel and would definitely return for a longer stay!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank greenmountaingirl2
Reviewed 6 November 2010

I recently paid out a great deal of money to have Bellwether host and cater a special family event. While the location is lovely and the food was good, that's where it ended. I had 60 guests for which I paid thousands of dollars for a buffet dinner that was supposed to be fully catered. The hotel provided only ONE server for all 60 people. I was forced to pay a large gratuity (20% of the total) for the "service"... no management was present that night but I did make the owner/mgmt aware after the fact. They've appologized and declared that this substandard experience is no in keeping with their policy... but for all the admissions have failed to take ownership of the nighmarish conditions have no service created for our event. They have refused to refund even the gratuity portion of the bill. It's unfortnately that such a lovely location is one I'll never again be able to use. Do yourself a favor and find a different location for your special event!

• Stayed: October 2010
4  Thank Mapletree500
Britton B, Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

First, thank you for your comments. It is with our guest feedback that we can continue to grow and improve what we offer to our guests. I understand that your recent event with us was a negative one, and that is certainly not the experience we want for our guests.

In late fall of 2010 the Hotel Bellwether took over ownership and management of the Harborside Restaurant and banquets. With this change a new Food & Beverage Manager joined the team as well as some changes within the kitchen including a new Executive Chef.

With some additional changes within the catering department there has been a dedicated Event Manager position created. This position is responsible for detailing the event specifics and communicating all aspects of each event to the various departments involved in the implementation of the event. This position as well as the Banquet Manager is the on-site point of contact for each event thus ensuring the client has a point person to speak to throughout their event time-frame.

I do regret that your experience did not meet your expectations. The Hotel Bellwether is actively working to improve what we offer to our guests and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

Britton Braswell
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 22 September 2010

when we checked in we notified the front desk of our 5lb maltese/yorkie mix, we were even offered a dog bowl or bed for her. checked in to room 327, unpacked, and showered, then the front desk called and notifed us that we had to move to the 227. The staff expected us to pack come to the front desk and get a new key. we had to insist on a bell man to come move our bags. the front desk was rude, and inconsderate. i will NEVER stay there again or recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lesleytinney
hotelbellwether, Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2010

Thank you for your comments. It is never the Hotel Bellwether's intention to make anyone's stay with us uncomfortable. The actions taken by the Front Desk were handled internally with management. If you ever choose to give us another try, we will prove to you that your last experience is not what should be expected when you stay with us.
If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to email me at gina@hotelbellwether.com
Thank you again!