“Very Enjoyable”

Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Woodinville, Washington
“Very Enjoyable”
Reviewed 15 September 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at the Bellweather. The room was great. Spacious, comfortable, very clean and a view that was spectacular. The only issue's we had: there was a problem with the toilet - when the maintenance man arrived 25 minutes after we called, he handed my boyfriend the plunger and left.

However, the biggest fault we had is with the hotel restraunt. We went to happy hour - the free pretzels were stale and the Sangria was really bad. The breakfast buffet was equally dissapointing. The cereal was also stale and the milk was warm. There were also alot of fly's and little nats in both the dinning room and happy hour lounge.

Otherwise, the hotel was great and we will definetly go back, but we will eat at the restraunt next door.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
hotelbellwether, Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, 6 October 2010
First off, thank you for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. As for the negative experience in the restaurant, I am happy to pass along that we are making changes to the happy hour and breakfast buffet to bring it up to the standards of the hotel. We hope you will notice these positive changes the next time you stay with us.
Thank You!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Thank you for not requiring a two night stay! Thanks for being a great experience with a view. The mini bar key didn't work so the staff brought us two big glasses of tonic with lime. The marina walk is long and pretty. Close by are many good hikes. The two we enjoyed with our dog are the Whatcom Falls Park and the Lake Padden Rec area.

This is an expensive place -but worth it to us for a high quality weekend with the dog and outdoors activities.

1 Thank KTT
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your last stay! The Hotel Bellwether loves it's four legged friends, and we're glad that you and your pet enjoyed the Bellwether and Bellingham! We hope to see you again soon.
Thank you!
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Aug 13, 2010. 6:09pm. I travel a lot, so when I come home and want to have a special birthday dinner with my honey, overlooking the bay, I thought we would try the Bellwether hotel's restaurant. First, it was happy hour so we waited in the bar outside for our table. The bar was busy but we still sat there for 5 minutes before anyone brought water or even acknowledged our presence. No, "Hi, someone will be with you in a moment", nada, nothing. When we were finally seated and approached for our order (the meal for two which included steak) we were told by the waitress that we had to order our steak the same way because the chef was busy. Excuse me? I nearly walked out at that point (should've) but didn't. Then we saw the table next to us get bread but we had to ask for ours. I tried three times that weekend to reach a manager by phone to complain and could never get through. Big mistake, next time we'll go to their competitor, Anthony's Hearthfire grill, right next door.

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hamster009
hotelbellwether, Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, 1 September 2010
First, thank you for your comments. It is with our guests feedback that we can continue to grow as a hotel and restaurant. I understand that your last restaurant experience was a negative one, and that is not how we want our guests to feel when they are dining with us. I have forwarded your experience to the appropriate people and if you do decide to give us another chance, please call Fahri directly (360-392-3200) to receive the personalized service you should have received the first time.
If you would care to discuss this matter further, please feel free to email me at gina@hotelbellwether.com
Arizona
Reviewed 27 August 2010

The rooms were beautiful and quite large. We had a room that faced the harbor with a balcony. It was a very nice view. In the morning we drank coffee and read the paper on the balcony and watched all the sailboats head out. Very pleasant stay.
The only thing that needs improvement is their continental breakfast. It doesn't have much selection, and it's set up in kind of a nook so that it's difficult for more than two or three people at a time to maneuver. Although the view in the restaurant is wonderful.

1 Thank candyp63
Thank you for the review! We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay! Your comments about the restaurant have been forwarded to the owners, and I'm pleased to let you know that in the near future, we will be making changes to our continental breakfast! We hope to see you at the Hotel Bellwether again soon!
Lake Oswego, Oregon
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Our recent two night stay at Hotel Bellwether was better than I could have imagined. From start to finish, we were very pleased. Check in was easy, staff were polite and friendly in every interaction we had during our stay. They seemed to be genuine in their conversations with us and made it clear they were there for us if we needed them. I never enjoy being coddled or fawned over needlessly by hotel employees, and the staff was perfect in that they were not too fussy, and treated us like guests in their own home. They were also very kind to my little old dog, which always scores points with me!

Our room was on the ground floor, and while at first I was skeptical of the location, all it took was one look out the sliding door to prove me wrong. The view was amazing of the marina and hotel property. The oversized patio that ground floor rooms enjoy was where I spent my free moments taking in the sunshine, the view, the yachts and boats passing by, and one restaurant lunch to go. I felt like I was relaxing on my own private patio in my marina front home! It was lovely.

The restaurant take out lunch was also very good and quite the bargain during happy hour. The view from the restaurant and outdoor dining area is breathtaking, but I did not get to enjoy it due to our dog Curly not being allowed, which makes perfect sense. I do not fault any restaurant for this, of course! I did get a chance to peek at it though, and I would recommend dining there, or at minimum having an adult beverage on the patio to take in the views of the marina and The Sound. Breathtaking!

Our room was well appointed, spacious and very quiet. The jacuzzi tub was an added bonus in a large, comfortable bathroom. All in all, the room was perfect for us.

I do not write reviews of bad experiences, nor do I write them of mediocre experiences. Only fabulous experiences are shared by me, and Hotel Bellwether made the grade in my book. It was one of the lovliest places we have stayed due to the property itself, the staff, and the location. There are two other small properties that I adore and have been a repeat customer of...The Pulitzer in Barcelona, and The Empress in La Jolla. Hotel Bellwether is now officially one of my "perfect places"! We will return, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Thanks to all who made this a great stay!

1 Thank SuburbanWife
hotelbellwether, Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, 31 August 2010
First, we thank you for your comments! We love dogs here at the hotel and any chance we have to interact with our guests and their pets, we jump on it! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We do pride ourselves on having good customer service and I'm glad that came through during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Seattle
Reviewed 23 August 2010

We've stayed here twice now. The first time we left our Seattle home with no itinerary and ended up there (had never heard of it just walked in) at 6pm. We were given a great rate, on a suite and loved every minute of our stay. The view was great, we appreciated the boutique hotel vibe and walked to a restaurant next door. I think we got such a great rate because they were pretty empty and how many more people would be walking in that evening? The second time we came, we brought our infant daughter and were again pleased with our (even bigger) room although even with advanced planning the rates had gone up considerably. I check periodically and the rates seem pretty high for this hotel. We like our weekends away but for the price we could stay in Vancouver or Victoria just as easily. That's not to say we won't be back but we'll wait for a deal

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We do often run specials for mid week and sometimes weekend stays on our website or if you call into our Reservations department. We look forward to having you and your family back to see us soon.
Western WA
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Too often review are written just for hotels where we have a difficult visit. This is NOT one of those. The Bellwether is a very comfortable hotel in a lovely marina setting. It's spotlessly clean indoors and the outdoors is well groomed. The staff was friendly, the rooms were roomy and well insulated, so, quiet. The bed was SO comfortable, there was free WIFI in the rooms, and therewere plenty of channels on cable. Our room without a water view actually had a great view with a little water showing. The free continental breakfast included fruit juices on ice, toast and muffins, fresh fruit, yogurt, cold cuts and cheese, cereals, and coffee, Breakfast was well displayed, delicious, and available in a window lined cafe with gorgeous views of the water. Loved Anthony's Hearthfire Grill next door too. The only thing that I could think of to change would be to make the pillows a little beefier.

2 Thank lksWA
Thank you for your comments! We are so pleased that your stay with us was great. We strive to make every guests stay with us just that same way! And we look forward to having you back with us soon.