“Just OK” 3 of 5 bubbles

Super Buffet
Ranked #344 of 440 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

There is no oyster, now. The food taste is OK for the price, but I might not go again. The restaurant is not so clean, and the hot food is just warm but not hot at all. Most of the sea food is fresh.
This is not so bad, but I hope I will find the other better one.
實物普普,環境有點髒但不致於太糟,強調的生蠔不見了!所以以後再去的可能性降低。
海鮮算還新鮮,口味普通,以廉價中式自助餐來說可接受,但是熱食不熱,都是溫的!下次考慮改去旺德福,朋友說那家口味比較好,但是海鮮較少。

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Surrey, Canada
“Bad attitude mars what could have been a great experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

My wife and I went to this restaurant rather late on a week day arriving at 8.45 pm. The restaurant is open till 10 pm. They charge $13.99 per head for dinner. After being seated, we headed straight to buffet area only to find half the containers empty. The salads were all gone, Many entrees were not there and of about 10 varieties of Sushi only three were available. When my wife spoke to an employee they promised to look after this and did bring fill up a couple of main course entrees. We were too late to leave the place and decided to go with what we could. After some soup and appetizers, I went for the main course hoping to see more options by then but nothing had changed. I spoke to the lady in charge at the cash till. She very curtly told me that there was enough and more is coming. At the time of check out, I was hoping that they will make amends by apologizing or offering some discount but none was forthcoming. On my bringing up the issue, I was again told curtly that the kitchen had filled up everything. I asked the lady to check it out with me but she just ignored it, swiped my credit card and I left without any tip.
The only positive note was that whatever we had tasted reasonably good.

1 Thank psahaye
Vancouver, Canada
“Good food and variety but Staff needs a lesson in Customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

First time visited this place on recommendations from colleagues and friends. They all said that it was better than its competitor down the street and I am not sure of that because I have not eaten at the other place. As soon as we entered we were hit with a smell of typically Chinese restaurant food so that was a slight downer but the place was full so my wife and her friend went to check out the spread prior to confirming. Once convinced that they could eat what they saw we proceeded to be seated. the first impression: they had sushi, sashimi, frog legs, shrimps in various forms, crab salad, sautéed crab, fresh oysters, baked oysters, salad bar, dessert bar, Chinese food and even Mongolian grill. Very impressive. So we decided that to start off we would take one piece of each item and then come back for seconds if we could. The taste was very much like you would find in any buffet restaurant but the good part was the food was always hot and replenished quickly. Never once saw the food dishes empty or people having to wait for a particular dish. It seemed as though the restaurant has been in business for a while and they have this art perfected. The only downside to this whole place is the servers and all of the staff speak very limited English (or at least pretend to) and hence come across as rude and maybe needing a lesson in customer service. But I guess that is the way they do business. Volume is how they remain profitable I guess. At $13.99 for dinner they are more expensive then their competitor. Give it a try and make your own decision.

2 Thank Jpart
Bellingham, Washington
“Crook”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Front desk clerk, not only very rude, but a Crook!! I had to pay twice, used an old trick on me. Watch out for her!! I contacted Bellingham P.D. Put your money in her hand with a witness, do not leave it on the table or pay and walk out without your receipt. She will put it in her pocket and call the cops on you. She may be the owner, they will not contact you. Please be careful.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank james b
Vancouver
“Looks Can Be Deceiving”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Was recommended by wife's friend. But due to average reviews, was sceptical but still checked it out. We asked to look at the buffet first before deciding to eat there.

First impression, not bad, good variety. Had sushi, sashimi, fresh oysters, baked oysters, salad bar, dessert bar, chinese food and even Mongolian grill.

Taste = terrible. Everything was dry, duck dry, frog legs dry, crab dry. Guy at Mongolian grill did not speak a word of English, told him no chilie or sauce on the meat for my kid, but it came with chilie and all kinds of seasoning.

The good. Service was not bad, staff friendly. Coconut shrimp was good, fruits were edible and ice cream was ice cream.

I am not a picky eater, but I would rather go to the food court than this place.

• Visited July 2013