“You probably do get the value of what you pay for”
Review of Super Buffet

Super Buffet
Ranked #344 of 457 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 2 April 2014

It has a large selection of food and overall it isn't bad, but it is a buffet. When we want variety, we go there.

2  Thank AmyRich1

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We found there to be lots of food choices, including a sushi bar and a grill. Everything tasted very good, and the staff were very obliging. The lunch was $8.09 with the seniors discount, making it totally affordable. We will certainly be visiting this buffet again.

2  Thank JimMary63
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Older place nothing fancy but a huge choice of hot and cold dishes plus desserts. The staff speak mostly Cantonese but are very eager to engage in conversation. We had alot of fun and left full to the brim.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I wouldn't even give this place one star! I went there tonight. Halloween night. 10/31/13. Okay so last time we went there it took them 10-15 minutes to get our drink, my husband actually had to walk up to the lady on her cell phone up front and tell her that we wanted something to drink. We went back because we do like the food. We asked for our bill, and the lady did NOT know English! we said "our bill, please" she came back, gave us our change, as we was getting our kids out of the booth she then looked at us and pointed at the type and said "this is my tip?" we said ah yes, she said NO 10%! and literally argued with my husband asking for more money! in disbelief I looked at her and said "you don't ask people for more money!!!" are you kidding me! I will never go back! & I think NO ONE should go here, unless you like really crappy service, will in their case no service really.

1  Thank Casara G
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This restaurant is located in the same stripmall as the soon to be defunct Cost Cutter Supermarket (across the street from Barns and Noble on Meridian Street).

We arrived on a Saturday evening after shopping at Costco around 6:15 PM. Before deciding to stay, we took a look at the buffet tables’ offerings.
The restaurant was busy but not full. We were seated right away.

There were 8 buffet stations:
1. sushi including vegetable tempura
2. Asian condiments and sides
3. fruits and desserts
4. salads
5. soups, seafood, fried chicken etc.
6. raw meats and vegetables plus condiments made to order at the grill station
7. hot food selection including fried rice, noodles, vegetable stir fry, various proteins including frogs’ legs
8. soft serve ice cream station

There is a good selection of sushi. I only had a few. Nothing really to complain about – just okay. See photos.

The hot & sour soup could have been better; lacking in both spiciness and tanginess.
The mussel motoyaki (baked mussel in mayo based sauce) was good.

There was a label for oysters at one of the buffet tables but no oysters! I went back a couple of times to see if there were any; no luck!

There is a buffet table with raw proteins – beef, chicken, short ribs, squid, prawns, etc., assorted chopped vegetables, vermicelli and noodles You choose what you want and the cook grills it with a choice of sauces including soy, teriyaki and oyster sauce while you wait.

The custom grilled order was okay. It would have been better if the cook didn’t over grill the proteins – thin cut short rib, skewered prawns & squid.

My spouse enjoyed the marinated octopus.

The food and service was okay. We didn’t have a problem with the service as others have indicated in their reviews.

The cost for an adult dinner buffet is $13.99; less 10% if you are over 60.
There is a $.75 per person charge for Chinese tea.

This restaurant is comparable to the Wonderful Restaurant – Asian Buffet down the street close to Costco and Billy McHale’s. See my separate review.

If you’re looking for a quick meal with a fair assortment of food, this is one of the places you should consider. If I was in the area, I would consider going again.

Overall rating for food and service is average - 3 out of 5.

Notes and Tips
The hostess told me the restaurant has been around for a couple of years.

Free birthday dinner (with proof of age) with the purchase of 3 adult dinners.
Even if you’re not over 60 (to qualify for 10% discount) go the restaurant website to download 10% coupon for use by the under 60 crowd.

There is a take out option based on weight of food taken.

You can check out the restaurant website for details on pricing and food selection.

There is lots of parking.

1  Thank Bottomshelfhockey