“Wish we had this in Olympia!”
Review of Dashi Noodle Bar - CLOSED

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I really enjoyed this restaurant with my daughter-in-law before a show. It was fun and fits right in with Bellingham's on-the-go crowd. The menu board was very easy to read and fun to select the ingredients. Soup comes in a huge bowl and could really serve two. Veggies were bright and crisp, and broth was hot and flavorful with wonderfully cooked noodles! It was also a nice treat to serve myself condiments like Kimchi and chestnuts before food came - no extra charge. I love the do-it-yourself concept where you can eat and run - my kind of place! Staff was very friendly and glad to answer any questions about the ingredients; seating area is bright and clean. I can't wait to go back and invent a new dish!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

So I had to try this place. I love all types of noodle soups and Dashi didn't disappoint. I found it a bit over priced for what you get, but still worth a try. I ordered the ramen and dashi broth with pork slices. Everything tasted great. Lots of condiments to customize your bowl. It's a trendy little place with a fun dining atmosphere and great bowl customizing concept.

2  Thank alexcga
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The environment is nice, its a clean place and the food was ok.
Although, there are other places where you can eat great noodles for half of the price (with much better service).
$ 37 for two bowls of noodles and two non alcoholic beverages in a place that you need to bus your own table seems a bit overpriced.
Not sure if I would go back though...

1  Thank Nadja B
Josh S, Owner at Dashi Noodle Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for your recent visit to Dashi Noodle Bar! We value your opinion and always take time to read our guest's online reviews. Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback.

We offer a unique dining experience at Dashi, unlike any that you will find in Bellingham. Although we are a "quick-service", casual restaurant, we are not a "fast food" concept. Our menu prices ($8-$14 for Noodle Soups) reflect the quality of the products we use and the labor involved in creating the dishes we serve.

Our artisan noodles are made by hand, in house, from scratch. This goes for our Steamed Buns as well! All of our broths are made with wholesome ingredients and simmered for many hours to achieve the depth of flavor that is present. We never use any bases, bouillons, or artificial ingredients. We only serve naturally raised and organic meats, and we source as many products from local farms as possible. Furthermore, our kimchi and condiment bar is all included in the price of the menu items. I do hope you took advantage of our selection of house made kimchi, pickled vegetables, and sauces!

I hope this helps explain our menu pricing and I do hope you will return and give us another try! Thanks again!

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Dashi is a well appointed little noodle house. The decor is simple and clean - as is the restaurant itself. There is a large selection of saki to drink, which we did not sample. The theme is basically build-your-own noodle dishes. You select from the style of noodles, type of broth, additives etc. The food is tasty and fresh. Although everything is freshly made I found the prices a bit high for a bowl of noodle soup.

1  Thank DennisUSA
Reviewed 5 May 2013

The food here is really good with a lot of options for vegetarians and vegans. Once you get the hang of the menu ordering is a breeze - you just choose th type of broth, type of noodle, and other additions like meat/tofu/veggies. I tried this place first at the old location and the new place is a big improvement - very cool looking place. Its a great addition to downtown. The pricing is a bit high for an order at the counter restaurant, you end up spending about $10-13/person. I can get pho at a sit down restaurant for less than that with a tip. I'd definitely go back and try more variations