“Best Authentic Mexican Food in Bellingham”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Amigo Restaurant
Ranked #226 of 446 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Mexican
Lummi Island, Washington
“Best Authentic Mexican Food in Bellingham”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

The service here is friendly and attentive, but the food is what makes it amazing. They have an extensive menu of authentic Mexican dishes, and daily specials. My favorite is the Camorones a la Diabla (She-Devil Shrimp) Oh my!! You can get it as spicy as it is supposed to be, and will warm your soul! I want to come and try all the other wonderful selections, but I just have to have this dish when I get here. The restaurant is sparkling clean, and nicely decorated. But it is the food that makes it so special!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ed S

Bellingham, Washington
“Warm and Friendly/Great Food”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I hadn't visited El Amigo in too long, but I found myself in that part of town the other day and stopped in for lunch. The visit reminded me that I really should eat there more often. The owners and staff are very nice, the restaurant immaculately clean, and the food excellent, as always.

El Amigo isn't one of those loud music and massive margarita joints. It has more of a neighborhood eatery feel, a place for family and friends to gather for a good meal and conversation that doesn't require shouting at the top of ones lungs. As I was alone, I enjoyed a chapter of a book while eating a wonderful chile relleno -- crammed with gooey cheese and covered with rich sauce. The salsa was medium-high spicy and very fresh.

I won't be so long in returning!

• Visited April 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Just Another Average Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I had heard good things about Cinco De Mayo and used to go to one by the same name in Bellingham for years that was fabulous (food, price, staff, atmosphere etc etc) so I was saddened to see this was not my old restaurant. In fact, I doubt there's any connection. This was just another average Mexican Restaurant... no complaints but no kudos either. Just okay.

• Visited September 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“the BEST mexican restaurant :)”
Reviewed 29 June 2008

the BEST mexican restaurant :)

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to El Amigo Restaurant? Share your experiences!