“Great Customer Service”

Fairhaven Village Inn
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed here for a night in January. Lovely old building but spacious, modern rooms. Fresh baked cookies at the desk when we arrived were most welcome. Charming library sitting room with coffee, and although I slept through breakfast, my mum said the waffles were great.

I was also very impressed with their customer service after we left -- of course I left my phone charger in the room after telling myself I wouldn't. I contacted them and they mailed it back to me, and they were great communicators about how much it would cost to mail back, and whose card to put it on etc. That was much appreciated, as it would have cost more to buy a new charger and cable.

Fairhaven is a lovely little town, and if you find yourself needing lodging here, I highly recommend this nice hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marysia M

Reviewed 31 January 2014

This is a charming, friendly hotel: very nice rooms, wonderful bed, excellent breakfast. But . . . the trains! All night long, constant screaming whistles and brakes. It was impossible to sleep. I've never had such an exhausting night in a hotel. I was on the bay view side, and apparently that is where the trains scream past just a few blocks away. If you want to sleep, ask for the street side. Also, there was a very loud air conditioner outside.

Room Tip: Ask for the street side. I moved to a regular motel on Guide Meridian in order to be able to sleep!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Allison T
InnkeeperFVI, Owner at Fairhaven Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Allison T,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed many elements of your stay with us. We make great efforts to provide the charming and friendly ambience you enjoyed. Our guest rooms, amenities and atmosphere are all essential parts of the experience.

We strive to present an accurate description of the Inn’s location: in the heart of Historic Fairhaven, near a working harbor, with convenient access to unique shops, restaurants and Bayside trails. I understand that the trains, a fact of life in the Pacific Northwest, can be noisy and I am sorry for the disturbance you experienced. I sincerely hope you will return and reserve a Parkside room, which faces away from the tracks and, therefore, may be a more suitable option for noise sensitivity.

Connie Shannon
Owner and Manager
Fairhaven Village Inn

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Great hotel ! We were visiting our daughter who attends Western University over the holidays.
Everyone was warm and friendly. It is located near all the unique boutiques and book stores.
Very private. They offer a lovely free breakfast with delicious waffles and fresh berries.
There is a walking path by the hotel (about 2 miles) with beautiful views and leads right into
the town of Bellingham . Perfect!

Room Tip: The water view rooms are available, however, there are may warehouses that blocked a part of the vie...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DJMP
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We stayed in the only suite and it was spectacular! The room was huge and beautiful and clean. The location was perfect and within walking distance of everything. Even though it was centrally located it was still cozy and quiet. There are a ton of restaurants, cafés, and places to get a bite or drink since the inn doesn't have an on site restaurant but they do offer a pretty great continental breaky. Would definitely make this my first choice in quaint little Fairhaven

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Front desk staff was very welcoming, pleasant, and helpful. Free covered parking was a bonus. The room was spotless and spacious, and a gas fireplace only added to the ambiance.
Warm cookies greeted us upon check in, and the complimentary breakfast was basic but nourishing. Centrally located in the Fairhaven district with cool shops and eateries nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bay!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed over New Year's. The room was large and comfortable, with a gas fireplace for nice atmosphere, good-sized bathroom. The breakfast included was surprising: waffles made to order, hard boiled eggs, fruit, as well as the usual cereals, bread & bagels. Good coffee. Nice game room/library for hanging out. Staff was great. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stay her every time we visit Bellingham. Its feels like a home away from home. Large rooms, great library and sitting area and of course an excellent continental breakfast. The bonus of course are the helpful and friendly staff. My wife and I love it here.

Room Tip: No bad rooms at the Fairhaven. At least not one we've stayed in.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple