“Beautifully relaxing stay”
Review of Viewmont Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bellingham
Viewmont Manor
Ranked #2 of 15 Bellingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 June 2014

If we ever return to Bellingham, this is the place we will stay. Nice appointed rooms, beautiful garden in back, soft beds. Good food. This is an example of a great b&b: great food, comfy beds. Keurig coffee at your beck and call, wonderful scones that Betty made each morning, left by the coffee! The first breakfast was an excellent quiche with the trimmings. More than enough to eat. Each breakfast was unique and tasty. Betty is quite the cook, lucky us! We felt like old friends once we were introduced, which makes everyone comfortable. The day room up stairs has a small library with two chair, which I parked myself in the morn. The large picture windows overlooks the San Juan Islands. Beautiful! Thank you Betty for Viewmont Manor!

Room Tip: Both rooms have a lovely view of the garden with a small balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

You two were the cat's meow when it comes to me rating the guests! Thanks for the sweet review. Hope you come back again and again! (sometimes for play, sometimes for work!) I'll be waiting for you.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have stayed at hotels all over the world and regularly book bed and breakfasts in the U.S. as well when I have the opportunity to do so. As others have commented, this is by far the best lodging experience I have ever had. Betty was wonderful, the accommodations absolutely beautiful, and the breakfasts were to die for. Different breakfasts every day of our stay, carefully prepared with fresh ingredients. But what was most amazing about this experience was the hospitality that was present from the time one booked the reservation. We befriended another couple staying at the Viewmont but could only have so in an environment that was conducive to the sharing of one's experiences. If you can only go to one B and B in your life, this is the one you should frequent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

I am not kidding when I say that I am now blushing! No one makes me blush like a kind reviewer. Thanks so much…I only hope I can live up to such a recommendation. I guess I'll have to get nicer and nicer! You're a doll!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The Viewmont Manor B&B is such a treasure! My stay was total comfort, the food exquisite, and a more cheerful and welcoming host I cannot imagine. I have traveled around the world and found this wonderful place in my own city.

Room Tip: All rooms are grand with upstairs bay views from the shared living room. I especially enjoyed the ga...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

I love love love your trip advisor name: loannetter! It's great. I cannot say that I hope your water main breaks again, but I do hope we will keep in touch…living in the same town like we do! You are a treasure.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I felt we had our own little room in a French get a way with garden view outside and cozy decor inside. I am choosy when it comes to beds and sheets. I like them soft. Ours were so soft I didn't want to get out of bed. The smell of fresh baked scones helped. Marionberry with a lemon glaze. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time between scones and breakfast so you can enjoy both and plan on a late lunch! We were only 5 minutes away from WWU, yet sitting up on the ridge with a view of the water you would never know it. The room was private and quiet with only the chirping of birds in the morning. Plenty of hot water in the morning with a great shower. We will be returning to visit our college friend and will definitely stay at Viewmont Manor

Room Tip: We stayed in the south garden room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

What a joy it was to read your review…but even better to have you here! I'm hoping for a 5 year degree for your friend at WWU so I'll see you more often! Enjoy the remainder of your school year.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

If you only going to visit one B&B in your life, make sure it's this one.
You feel instantly welcome the second you walk in the door by the owner Betty. A warmer, friendlier person is hard to find. Me and my wife spent a very short, two day honey moon at the Viewmont Manor just to get out of town and this B&B was by far the best experience on our trip.

The rooms are spacious with a large bed and lots of pillows. Toilets are small, you don't fit two average persons unless one steps into the bathtub. Then again, why would you? There is a walk in closet to store your luggage and clothes. The room comes equipped with everything you need and a small fireplace looking electrical heater. The heater was very cozy and you could (with some imagination) sit down in front of a fireplace and warm your feet.

The common room has a large TV set and lots of space to lounge in, the library corner is a very nice place for two to sit in, read a book (either brought or borrowed) and enjoy the wonderful view.

Me and my wife are late sleepers so we sadly missed the pre-breakfast scones and went straight for breakfast. Betty serves an amazing breakfast, on the menu is among other things Swedish pancakes. If you want real Swedish pancakes and don't know how to make them yourself there's only two places to get them - in Sweden or in Betty's kitchen. It tasted just like they do back home in Sweden. On our second day Betty served among other things a lactose free fruit sorbet that could rival any ice cream parlor in the city.

The Viewmont Manor is a ten minute drive from Fairhaven where there is lots of things to see and places to eat at. A taxi to Fairhaven costs about ten dollars one way, but plan ahead as there might be some 30-45 minute wait for the taxi to arrive on a busy night.

Both me and my wife loved this place and we can not stop recommending it to everyone we talk to.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

You two are so very sweet. So compatible and caring. Thank you for allowing us to host your honeymoon…even though we didn't know it until you walked in the door. May you have a blessed life together!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

And more! Comfortable room (great shower), delicious food ( pre-breakfast scones), convenient location (no more than 10 minutes to everything you might need in Bellingham), and especially: the gracious and welcoming hosts. Betty has thought of everything to make your stay wonderful. You will want to be " to the manor born" and never leave!

Room Tip: There are only two rooms, and you will be happy with either. There is a large living room/library sh...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Have you ever thought of going into marketing? You could keep a copy of this review as an example of how well you share your impressions of the product! I love it! Thanks so much for this review. And I do hope that your future plans bring you two back to us!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

To start with, my wife loves B&B's, myself I usually prefer a hotel. When returning from Vegas we had a overnight stay in Bellingham and since it was my wife's birthday I thought I would treat her to a B&B. She absolutely loved it, and to be honest, the Viewmont Manor has changed my opinion of B&B's, this was by far the best B&B I have ever stayed in. The rooms were great, the owner "Betty" could not be more gracious, and her breakfast was 5 star +. Will definitely be visiting this B&B in the future.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, we were there in the winter and would love to come back in the summer as th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

You have absolutely made my day! Didn't I tell you that only nice people stay in bed and breakfasts? You are proof positive! I live to change people's minds about our industry. And I have indeed saved the best job for the last! Thanks and welcome back anytime!