“Betty is the Best!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Viewmont Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bellingham
Viewmont Manor
Ranked #1 of 15 Bellingham B&B and Inns
Centerville, UT
“Betty is the Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed at the Viewmont Manor for an anniversary trip in early June. Let's get one thing out of the way upfront: Google Maps hates this place. It's also a bit hard to find the place once you arrive as it's a residential home on a residential street with a shared driveway to three homes and no sign at the bottom. Having said that, it's worth a little hassle to get there as we had a delightful stay. We can't say enough good things about the owner, Betty, who made us feel at home immediately. Staying at Viewmont Manor is a bit like staying with a doting Aunt or a long lost friend. Seriously. Betty is warm, personable, and treats you like family. We don't know how she manages to do that with every guest, but she seems to pull it off routinely. We stayed in the south room, tastefully appointed with a little balcony that overlooks a lovely garden. (The other B&B room has one as well.) Betty was great with information on places to eat and things to do and see. She served us a fine breakfast in the morning--in addition to warm and delicious scones baked that morning and left in the common area upstairs--and sent us on our way happy and healthy. We stayed in some great places on our trip, but this was probably the standout on account of the host.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Sitting on my counter is a jar of orange blossom honey waiting for the right cup of tea or the right dish of vanilla ice cream that calls its name. Thank you so much! We did have a great time, didn't we? I think you've been talking to your neighbors because I've been adding more Floridian guests to my reservations. I'll be looking forward to meeting lots more lovely people like yourself when I visit my sister in Ft. Lauderdale. Thanks for adding your review. It was blushingly wonderful to read. Betty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

What a great place! Very comfy. Welcoming. Delicious breakfasts. Great price. Betty is a star hostess. Kind of perfect. I'd have to say honestly it is fantastic. I repeat myself....
Father, Mother, Daughter, Boy-friend, all together for our son's graduation at Western WA.

Room Tip: Two of the rooms share a bathroom, great for friends or family, less expensive.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
I am sitting here absolutely tickled pink by your review! Each one of your lovely family members added greatly to my own experience. Thanks for coming…hope you come back. Betty.
p.s. hope the flight home wasn't too cumbersome!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

If we ever return to Bellingham, this is the place we will stay. Nice appointed rooms, beautiful garden in back, soft beds. Good food. This is an example of a great b&b: great food, comfy beds. Keurig coffee at your beck and call, wonderful scones that Betty made each morning, left by the coffee! The first breakfast was an excellent quiche with the trimmings. More than enough to eat. Each breakfast was unique and tasty. Betty is quite the cook, lucky us! We felt like old friends once we were introduced, which makes everyone comfortable. The day room up stairs has a small library with two chair, which I parked myself in the morn. The large picture windows overlooks the San Juan Islands. Beautiful! Thank you Betty for Viewmont Manor!

Room Tip: Both rooms have a lovely view of the garden with a small balcony.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
You two were the cat's meow when it comes to me rating the guests! Thanks for the sweet review. Hope you come back again and again! (sometimes for play, sometimes for work!) I'll be waiting for you.
Illi\nois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have stayed at hotels all over the world and regularly book bed and breakfasts in the U.S. as well when I have the opportunity to do so. As others have commented, this is by far the best lodging experience I have ever had. Betty was wonderful, the accommodations absolutely beautiful, and the breakfasts were to die for. Different breakfasts every day of our stay, carefully prepared with fresh ingredients. But what was most amazing about this experience was the hospitality that was present from the time one booked the reservation. We befriended another couple staying at the Viewmont but could only have so in an environment that was conducive to the sharing of one's experiences. If you can only go to one B and B in your life, this is the one you should frequent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
I am not kidding when I say that I am now blushing! No one makes me blush like a kind reviewer. Thanks so much…I only hope I can live up to such a recommendation. I guess I'll have to get nicer and nicer! You're a doll!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

The Viewmont Manor B&B is such a treasure! My stay was total comfort, the food exquisite, and a more cheerful and welcoming host I cannot imagine. I have traveled around the world and found this wonderful place in my own city.

Room Tip: All rooms are grand with upstairs bay views from the shared living room. I especially enjoyed the ga...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
I love love love your trip advisor name: loannetter! It's great. I cannot say that I hope your water main breaks again, but I do hope we will keep in touch…living in the same town like we do! You are a treasure.
Gig Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I felt we had our own little room in a French get a way with garden view outside and cozy decor inside. I am choosy when it comes to beds and sheets. I like them soft. Ours were so soft I didn't want to get out of bed. The smell of fresh baked scones helped. Marionberry with a lemon glaze. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time between scones and breakfast so you can enjoy both and plan on a late lunch! We were only 5 minutes away from WWU, yet sitting up on the ridge with a view of the water you would never know it. The room was private and quiet with only the chirping of birds in the morning. Plenty of hot water in the morning with a great shower. We will be returning to visit our college friend and will definitely stay at Viewmont Manor

Room Tip: We stayed in the south garden room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
What a joy it was to read your review…but even better to have you here! I'm hoping for a 5 year degree for your friend at WWU so I'll see you more often! Enjoy the remainder of your school year.
Burlington, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

If you only going to visit one B&B in your life, make sure it's this one.
You feel instantly welcome the second you walk in the door by the owner Betty. A warmer, friendlier person is hard to find. Me and my wife spent a very short, two day honey moon at the Viewmont Manor just to get out of town and this B&B was by far the best experience on our trip.

The rooms are spacious with a large bed and lots of pillows. Toilets are small, you don't fit two average persons unless one steps into the bathtub. Then again, why would you? There is a walk in closet to store your luggage and clothes. The room comes equipped with everything you need and a small fireplace looking electrical heater. The heater was very cozy and you could (with some imagination) sit down in front of a fireplace and warm your feet.

The common room has a large TV set and lots of space to lounge in, the library corner is a very nice place for two to sit in, read a book (either brought or borrowed) and enjoy the wonderful view.

Me and my wife are late sleepers so we sadly missed the pre-breakfast scones and went straight for breakfast. Betty serves an amazing breakfast, on the menu is among other things Swedish pancakes. If you want real Swedish pancakes and don't know how to make them yourself there's only two places to get them - in Sweden or in Betty's kitchen. It tasted just like they do back home in Sweden. On our second day Betty served among other things a lactose free fruit sorbet that could rival any ice cream parlor in the city.

The Viewmont Manor is a ten minute drive from Fairhaven where there is lots of things to see and places to eat at. A taxi to Fairhaven costs about ten dollars one way, but plan ahead as there might be some 30-45 minute wait for the taxi to arrive on a busy night.

Both me and my wife loved this place and we can not stop recommending it to everyone we talk to.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
You two are so very sweet. So compatible and caring. Thank you for allowing us to host your honeymoon…even though we didn't know it until you walked in the door. May you have a blessed life together!