“Bellingham Paradise”
Review of Viewmont Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bellingham
Viewmont Manor
Ranked #1 of 16 Bellingham B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Bellingham Paradise”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had an amazing time. Betty was the best host you could possibly ask for. She made everyone feel so comfortable - always welcoming, always gracious and an amazing cook. Breakfasts were always superb. We just felt so at home. The room was lovely, the location was really convenient for anything we wanted to do and there was so much to see and do all around Bellingham. We would come back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
You will always remain my "Hollywood connection!" I loved having you here, exploring things that even I have never explored…and telling stories at breakfast. I hope Bellingham made such a positive impression that you will come back in a heartbeat. I'll be here. And I'll be waiting! And I promise to be just as nice…Cuz that's the way I am! ha!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Mount Shasta, California
Reviewed 30 July 2014

great location in a great location. Hosts were friendly and gave great advice since they have lived in Bellingham for many years. Betty's breakfasts were a real treat and the scones with coffee early in the morning were a big hit with us. We will be back.

Room Tip: we had private bath. All good as long as you are ok with stairs as rooms are upstairs and breakfast...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Ted: You and Jill are the perfect guests…quiet and low maintenance after your 100 mile ride. Tell Jill I loved, loved, Loved the wine she left me. It was even more special since she "shared" it with me. Please come again!
Mount Shasta, California
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We spent four nights at the Viewmont Manor and had a great time. We felt more like family than guests. Betty and Glen were both just great and we plan stay there again. The house was beautiful, views were great, beds comfortable and breakfasts were amazing. I highly recommend this establishment and hope there's availability next time we go.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
It's so sweet that you felt like family…because I felt like you were too! Just be waiting for your doorbell to ring in Mt. Shasta. It'll be Glenn and Betty! We just tasted a nice bottle of wine you'd like! It's called Clio. Pretty pricey, but well worth it. Tell Patty we both say "hi."
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Well, a slight modification to underscore that as impressive as this location is, nothing much has changed since my last visit two years ago. Betty is still as gracious, friendly and engaging as before, scones and other breakfast fare is still wonderful, and the comfort factor of the room and bath is superior. It remains my favorite B&B, and I stay often in them. Maybe what's changed is the landscaping -- meticulous attention to detail and maturity of her gardens makes the entire experience even more amazing than before. I'd like to hire her gardener!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the forest and landscaped gardens are the best.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Wendell…I can write that because you have identified yourself on TripAdvisor by your name…you are a good and true man! And if anyone is reading this response, you would be advised to know that Wendell is my cousin and I adore him! (and his wife as well!) so read his review with that in mind, but also that he always speaks the truth! I had such a wonderful time being with the extended family when Elwood passed into eternity that it remains one of my favorite weekends of all time. I am sorry for our loss, but remain grateful for the legacy of your family that he left behind!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I don't usually write reviews, but I feel compelled to do so in this case. Staying with Betty was one of the most wonderful and memorable holiday experiences we have had. The accommodations are stunning (Tuscanesque even), Betty is truly a wonderful human being, and the breakfast was a candidate for the best breakfast I have eaten in my 29 years on this planet. The is a good reason why all of the reviews of this place are almost absurdly effusive! Amazing value. Will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
You and your wife are candidates for my favorite breakfast eaters!!! I was truly sorry I didn't have a room for you on your return trip through Bellingham. I have such a hard time believing you belong in Calgary. I think you should move much closer! I will look forward to our next encounter, and hope to meet your parents as well.
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I can't image a better place to spend the evening. Beautiful location and excellent service. The food is excellent (my favorite was the crab cakes with eggs benedict, and of course the coffee!) and the service is even better. Betty is an amazing woman who is so incredibly accommodating and extremely thoughtful. I have too many good things to say! Thanks Betty for an excellent stay!

Room Tip: Just ask Betty what's best!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Such a lovely review you wrote about your stay with us. I do so appreciate your kind words and your taking the time to write it. I see that it's your very first review, so that makes it all the more special to me. I think that the garden is even better than when you were here. You can come take a peak anytime! I'll make tea if I'm home.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I can only echo the positive comments already written in the reviews above. Betty was a gracious, warm, generous, and flexible hostess who was eager to make us comfortable. She was also very respectful of our privacy, which was also kind. No request was too great or too small for Betty! The accommodations were clean, comfortable, and excellently-appointed, and she's obviously committed to getting better, as she invited our candid feedback. Needless to say, there was little we could offer in the way of suggestions as they've thought through the details so thoroughly already.

I can't recommend it too highly. Oh, and the close proximity to WWU was a plus for us, as we visited campus a few times.

Thanks, Betty!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jonathan S
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
You get the award for the FASTEST review on record! Didn't I just say good-bye to you on the steps? I was grateful for your heading…so sweet! It made me rush to read your review. Thanks for all your suggestions. I have done many of them already. Plus, you might be happy to know that I purchased a new toilet seat. You hadn't even complained about the dents in the old one. I will look forward to hosting another anniversary some year! Thanks for your kindness.