“A surprising authentic pub in Fairhaven”

The Archer Ale House
Ranked #60 of 444 Restaurants in Bellingham
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Established in 1992, we are an English style pub located in the historic Fairhaven district of Bellingham. We feature a rotating draught selection of import & craft beer with an extensive bottle list. We serve fresh, seasonally inspired cocktails & over 100 fine whiskeys. Our full menu includes upscale pub style food such as Shepherd's Pie & Pot Pie as well as house ground natural Painted Hills burgers, steaks, fresh fish & fresh local oysters. Our menu is made in house & features locally sourced ingredients whenever possible. We offer a weekly trivia night, steel-tip darts, local & national sporting events, brewers & distillers nights/pairing dinners & a variety of board games
San Diego, California
“A surprising authentic pub in Fairhaven”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

First off, you go into a basement- loved it. Then, the selection of ales was better than we expected. The first night we actually had a Fullers. However, then they changed to a local selection. But, there were some great options. We had some happy hour snacks and enjoyed the quality and taste. We were there in Bellingham 2 nights and were there both nights. If we lived here it would be our local.

• Visited August 2013

Port Orchard, Washington
“Gets Busy on Sunday Night.”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Walked in just before Trivia Night started on Sunday at 7pm. Place was packed and noisy, but fun and it seems like a lot of people were doing well and winning beers at trivia. I agree the prices are a bit on the expensive side but the service was good and the food exceptional. I'd probably enjoy going there on a more calmer evening, like a week night.

• Visited August 2013
Bellingham, Washington
“Salmon You Won't Want to Share !!”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Before leaving Archers, I personally told the chefs, " I'm 50 years old, a native
of Bellingham and have tasted plenty of salmon in my life. Theirs is the BEST I have ever
had!" It is pistachio crusted and is moist, flavorful and unique. Out of the goodness of my
heart, I let the others in my party each try a bite. Though they each liked what they ordered,
they loved mine. My friends promised they're ordering their own salmon next time. It's only
fair that I get to take a bite of each of theirs!!

• Visited July 2013
Spokane, Washington
“fun place in Fairhaven”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Good food, but a little pricey. They have a big shelf of games so you can sip some beer and play a game like "Operation", which is great!

Visited June 2013
Long Beach, California
“Great Burgers and Watch Sports”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This place is noisy but they have great burgers and a huge selection of beers. A lot of fun to visit. The place is below ground, so there are steep steps down to the front door; this could be a problem for disabled or older people to navigate.

Visited May 2013