“Quality but Confusing”

Goat Mountain Pizza
Ranked #46 of 468 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My husband and I had dinner for the first time at Goat Mountain Pizza. We were not fans. The ordering process is very confusing as the signs are not clear how much to order. In fact, there were NO signs with the names of the pizza so you had no idea what kind each was. And when I asked the blond behind the counter what the pizzas were she replied annoyed, "You want me to describe each pizza?" Well, yeah! She then only told me what was on one of the pizzas then walked away. Awkward. The pizzas are "different" so it would be really nice to know what you're ordering. Not the mention the pizzas are sitting out on the unheated counter cold, for who knows how long. The cheese looked hard and unappealing. No one wants reheated food. How do they pass their food safety tests?
Thankfully, the cook made me my own gluten free pizza and the pepperoni my husband wanted came right out of the oven so we didn't have to eat re-heated pizza. Positives are the ingredients are "healthy" and the Fall Quinoa Salad was delicious and flavorful.
Seating is limited. We wont be going back. If I want pizza Ill be going to some place with fresh, hot, big portioned, made to order pizza that's cooked just for me.

1  Thank QueenKysar

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We enjoyed the choices, but prefer a thin crust pizza. Good deal, price wise. We used a Deal Saver and felt it was worth it. Good for a quick meal that is out of the usual.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Two of us shared a slice of tomato-meatball and arugula/carmelized onion/walnut/stilton. Terrific topping combinations, and the bread itself is a wonderfully cakey dough with a crunchy bottom crust that's like no other anywhere.

A slice (which is pretty much a meal) and a glass of wine was just $8.50--and a perfect meal. Expensive? Not unless your standard is Domino's (god forbid).

Well worth a visit, I'll be back!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Great, unique pizza. Good Gluten free options. I disagree that it is too expensive. When you compare it to Dominos or something, then yes, obviously it's more, but you are only buying a few pieces of super quality, unique pizza. It's a completely different experience. Unique atmosphere. Good beer on tap.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is really a great little place to stop by for wonderful, light freshly made pizza and a great variety of local brews. I time my bus ride home from work so that I can walk here and get a late afternoon treat. The bright young folks working here are refreshingly literate and engaging. Always high quality!