“Great Breakfast”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Skylarks serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and it is all good, but I really love their breakfasts. During the week they have breakfast specials at a reduced price. Their portions are just right, the food is fresh and they have a great selection to pick from. I love the wood décor and the cozy atmosphere as well.

Don W, Owner at Skylarks Hidden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Hello! and thank you for your kind words. I am very pleased you enjoyed your breakfast at Skylark's. We will continue to do our best to provide consistent service and food.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I had a friend from Canada come down to visiting yes I had been in this restaurant two times before but late nite for drink and music my lady friend she is artist (singer) not at skylarks. when my friend came down I decided to bring him there for dinner. Yes I heard this restaurant is gay friendly so I took him with my wife with some how I didn't got good services at all. the young lady services all the table was nice happy but she not bother to come our the table I don't know after we finishing dinner she still don't come asking would u like something more or else No she didn't we don't know what we did something wrong or my friend look alitte fem. to bothering her. so sad to come this restaurant.

Hello, thank you for bringing your friend to Skylark's for dinner. I am truly sorry you felt slighted by your server. My servers are trained to check in with guests after serving meals and again after clearing plates. We want to be sure that everyone enjoys their meal and has everything they want. Sometimes when it is busy, a server might get behind and forget, or perhaps she didn't want to interrupt your conversation and then got sidetracked. I am very sure she was not concerned about the sexual orientation of your friend. Any employee who is judgmental would not last very long at my company. Please accept my apology for not meeting your expectations. Thanks again for visiting us.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This cafe has been a staple for eating out in Bellingham. The owner is a true innkeeper with a daily hand in everything. Soups have long been excellent. Breakfast always a treat. Reasonable prices, good service and what else do you want?

Hello. Sounds like you are a regular. Thank you very much. You are correct, I have my hand in most of what happens here at Skylark's. Still, it sometimes isn't enough. You thoughtful praise is well received. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Dinners are a little pricey at Skylark's but completely worth it. The garlic herb roasted chicken meal is one of the best I've ever had and makes me almost cry every time I eat it, it's so good! No idea how they get the chicken that tender but wow. The ambiance also makes it perfect for a romantic evening - very pretty old-fashioned decor and live jazz. The location is also great as it's in Fairhaven which is the best part of Bellingham. Desserts are amazing and they have a fancy hot chocolate drink that's rich enough to satisfy even me. There's also a fireplace with some couches near it that you can sit on. Basically the best place in town to take your date.

Don W, Owner at Skylarks Hidden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Hello, and thank you for the very nice review. It is so nice to hear that the cooks are getting the garlic rosemary chicken cooked just right. Chicken turns to rubber if you let it go too long. I hope we always get it right for you! Please say hello next time you are in. Sincerely, Don White, owner.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband and I were visiting Bellingham this weekend for a romantic Valentines weekend and we had and amazing time! But by far, the best part of our stay was this little cafe!! We arrived around 8:30 am yesterday 2/15/14. We were seated by the window near the gorgeous bar! This place goes far beyond the definition of charming!!! My husband ordered coffee and our waitress suggested the green ginger tea for me. There were so many yummy choices on the menu, I wasn't sure what to order. So I asked what she thought was best and our lovely waitress mentioned her personal favorite.... the eggs benedict and the banana bread. She also informed me they had four eggs benedict to choose from. I decided to go with the traditional ham. Hubby decided on the nova salmon. Both came out piping hot and absolutely beautiful!! OMG was she right!! My breakfast was SPECTACULAR!!! And the banana bread was to die for!!! I cannot express how wonderfully pleasant, attentive and friendly our waitress, Deborah, was! What a gem!! She was so helpful too! She suggested a walk to check out the cool local shops, specifically the glass shop around the corner. We loved that as well, gorgeous!! She also let us know about a nearby trail the led down to a beautiful view of the bay! This was by far one of the best restaurant experiences we've ever had!! I do not usually bother writing reviews but I felt that this place deserved the praise! Whoever owns this place knows exactly what s/he's doing and should be extremely proud! If only all dining experiences were this amazing! A++++ environment, service, and food!!! And what an amazing way to spend our Valentines weekend!!! If you are in Bellingham for any reason you MUST stop and experience this place or you are cheating yourself! And ask for Deborah! I know we will next time we return!

Thank you for being so thoughtful. I know everyone at Skylark's tries their best to provide good service and delicious food. I will share your review with the staff and especially with Deborah. I agree, she is truly wonderful. Next time you visit, please ask for me so I can say hello. Sincerely, Don White, owner.