“Great Desserts”

Skylarks Hidden Cafe
Ranked #12 of 444 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Everett, Washington
“Great Desserts”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

There are many fine restaurants in the Fairhaven district of Bellingham, and I visit them all, but I always end up at Skylarks for dessert.

Visited March 2014

Bothell
“Good food but....”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The servers did not know the menu and the bartender made barely adequate drinks. The food was good but....

Visited April 2014
Bend, Oregon
“Standard breakfast fare”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We popped into Skylarks for breakfast on a quiet Monday morning. Standard breakfast menu- the food was good, but nothing unique or creative. The coffee was great, as were the fresh berries that came with breakfast. There is a patio out back that would be very nice in good weather.

Visited March 2014
Burlington, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Skylarks Hidden Cafe is a good place to eat. I came here with my wife for a Sunday night dinner. When we arrived at 8 pm it was mostly empty and we got to pick and choose our table. We decided to sit down stairs in the back. If you are looking for a quite place to eat i suggest you don't sit down stairs as there is a lot of kitchen staff running around. Personally I have no problem with this and I also like to eaves drop on the staff when they take off their server demeanor and are just humans.
The food coming out of the kitchen is fairly simple but a good size portion and most importantly it feels fresh, well made, and tastes great. Both me and my wife had fish and I have nothing but good things to say of the meal. The salmon I got was cooked to perfection and my wife almost made a "When Harry met Sally" impression when she tasted the cod.

The cost of the meal was a little higher then expected when you saw the plate and if this is because of high quality local ingredients then I wish it would show more clearly (in the menu, or advertised on the site and by the staff).

This is a place I would come back to to try more things off the menu.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank MrWikstrom
Bellingham, Washington
“Quiet Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Skylarks has always been our hangout with friends after a night of theatre. A nice place to visit for a nightcap and post-theatre discussion. We had not been there for an actual meal in years. We gave it a try March 21st and had a wonderful meal. We arrived around 5pm and the place was just about empty. Patrons started coming in around 6pm
Anyway, John was our server and treated us like kings during our 70 minute visit. I had the jumbo scampi and my wife had the herb salmon. Both meals contained a good pile of broccoli. I had seven jumbo prawns but they didn't seem that big to meal. They tasted great, I just wanted a few more. We finished with an after-dinner cocktail. It was just over $50 before tip. Skylarks is an old Fairhaven building full of character. Although you have lots of restaurant choices in the neighborhood, I always liked the hometown feeling of Skylarks. If you time your dinner a little later, they usually have live music Thursday-Saturday from 8-11 pm. Personally, I like being there after dark with music playing and folks coming in to end their day. It is warm and cozy.

• Visited March 2014