“Treat yourself, you deserve it”

LA Fiamma Wood Fire Pizza
Ranked #7 of 446 Restaurants in Bellingham
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: In 1998, a great location and the desire to produce superb pizza led Dan and Ken Bothman to create La Fiamma Wood Fire Pizza. An immediate sensation, Dan and Ken's restaurant was showered with acclaim, winning the Best New Business and Bellingham's Best Pizza awards, as well as garnering two Best Recipe awards in the National Association of Pizza Operators (NAPO) International Recipe Contest. But stellar pizza isn't the only reason to visit La Fiamma. The stylish decor and vibrant atmosphere delight and entice both young and old and everyone in between. You can witness the display of a pizza's progression through the kitchen (kids love it), or you can relax in our heated outdoor dining area, and catch an amazing sunset over the San Juan Islands. The La Fiamma experience is always a fusion of personality, ambience, and incredible food.
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Treat yourself, you deserve it”
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

We had some time to kill so decided to try this place. The outside deck was wonderful on this sunny afternoon. Reasonably priced wine. A fabulous brick oven pizza. Excellent crust and great combinations. They will do a half and half. The panini is well put together as well. Treat yourself. You deserve it! James, you were a great server

Visited July 2013

Bellingham
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Snag a table outside, if possible. The kitchen is open, and with lots of concrete and metal furnishings in the inside dining area, noise can escalate to an impossible din. But the covered porch (complete with overhead heaters for cold weather) is a terrific spot to enjoy a meal. There are so many creative pizzas on the menu, you'll never settle for plain ol' pepperoni or hawaiian. I love the Sofia--prosciutto, rosemary, cracked pepper, and red onion, but try the potato and lamb sausage, the house smoked salmon, or the Greek Havoc.

The Rosemary Lemonade is fresh and amazing--I had mine with a shot of gin and a splash of soda water.

Vancouver, Canada
“So glad we happened on this place!”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

After being in town for the weekend for a soccer tournament and cruising the usual suspects: Subway, Olive Garden, etc., we decided to look for something better on our last evening in downtown Bellingham. We are glad we did, because this place was great. Great looking restaurant both inside and out with a nice wrap-around heated outdoor seating area which made for a nice dining and socializing atmosphere. I had a panini which looked really tempting on the neighbouring table's plate and my wife enjoyed a fantastic wood-fired pizza. Our daughter had the child's size spaghetti and meat balls (at $3.00 a fantastic value) which apparently was delicious! Service was prompt and pleasant. We will definitely make this a regular stop on our trips to Bellingham!

Currumbin, Australia
“Family Favourite”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This restaurant is one of my father's favourites, and for good reason. We seem to end up at wood fire at least once or twice when we're visiting, and it's always worth the drive. Pizzas are top notch, and I'm a big fan of the lemonades on offer.

I don't feel like the cocktails and other drinks are a real strong point, but this isn't a disappointment as I'm really there to enjoy a meal in a family friendly environment.

Over all- would recommend if you're keen for pizza and have a couple of kids with you.

Keller, Texas
“Good enough to go off your diet for”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I don't generally eat wheat. But the pizza at La Fiamma is just too much for my weak will power to resist. So, I eat wheat when I go there! The crust alone is worth it; but the toppings make it a guiltless indulgence. I had the Brooklyn Bridge and my husband had the Finn. Others at our table tried other pizzas and all were unusual combinations done in a delightful way. I am sure that there are probably other pizza places in Bellingham that are as good as La Fiamma; but I haven't found them.