“Steady, reliable, its always been there!”

Dos Padres Restaurant
Ranked #331 of 451 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Washington State
“Steady, reliable, its always been there!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I dont go there often and much of the time we do take out. I dont remember a time in my life when Dos Padres wasnt there. Its worth a try for anyone thats never been there.

Richmond, Canada
1,228 restaurant reviews
“not even food”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This restaurant was actually recommended to us, but in all conscience I cannot recommend this restaurant. Our server was nice and tried his best to be accommodating. From what we were able to observe we were the only patrons dining other than 1 person at the bar and the female bartender and it was so noisy we couldn't hear ourselves talk. Our food arrived about 30 minutes after we had ordered. The Chiles Rellenos was a giant ball of deep fried egg, couldn't really find the poblano pepper & cheese and the rice and refried beans hardly edible.

2 Thank Renegade225
Colorado
“Pretty good Mexican”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

DH rates every Mexican restaurant by the Chili Relleno. This one was unusual - lots of egg white covering up the chili. Not the crispy kind he likes. Service excellent, GF menu.

Visited August 2013
Seattle
“Maybe it was an off day.”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Ate lunch here on a Saturday (our first time there). We were seated, given water, chips/salsa, but no one took a drink order until taking our food order. When the food arrived, the sour cream and Guac that was supposed to be on the side, was ON the chimichanga. The chicken enchilada I ordered arrived as a chimichanga. When I pointed I'd ordered an enchilada, the waitress said "oh, I didn't hear that." ??!!! Isn't that her job? (she didn't write any of the order down, something that always makes me nervous). Wife's blended margarita, no salt was half correct; there was no salt, but it was on the rocks. To its credit, it was good and strong she said.

And one of the waitresses was wearing an ankle locator braclet covered by a bandana, which we found a little off-putting.

The food was OK, nothing spectacular.

Portland, Oregon
“Really Good..Again!”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We have learned to GO EARLY. Though they do take reservations, we went on a Friday night, which can be, well, "busy", if you go at a "fashionable" dinner hour. We went at 5 p.m. and had a wonderful time (again).

The food is prepared to order by somebody who knows what he/she is doing. It doesn't come quickly, but the full bar and chips/salsa and appetizer menu will keep you from getting bored. Actually, we chose an item that we were told would take sometime to prepare...and it was worth the wait.

We live in Portland, OR, but come, regularly, to Bellingham. We PREFER to eat at Dos Padres when we're in town, usually with friends. The food isn't "hot" (too bad, in my opinion!) but can be made spicier upon request (still not hot enough for me...only complaint!). Overall quality is very good, service is excellent, and, well, we'll attend again next time in Bellingham.

Visited July 2013