SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Oxford Suites Bellingham(Bellingham)
Rodeway Inn(Bellingham)
View Hotel
All reviewsfrosted glasslobby barseparate sitting areaseparate roomswithin milesfront desk staffunderground parkingmodern hotelwonderful hotelthe breakfast areafree breakfastshuttle servicerooms were very cleanfree shuttlepool and hot tubwould definitely stay here againoatmeal
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I love the "new" Springhill Suites properties. I travel to Bellingham monthly for work and I was never impressed with the other hotel options, either too expensive or run down. Great to see this property come to the area. Staff and hotel is very nice.

One suggestion: Put a electric car charging station in

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Keith C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to share your experience with Tripadvisor! We have plans to install car charging stations at the SpringHill Suites and our new TownPlace Suites later this year! We are still in the deciding process and since you would utilize this amenity when it is available, if you wouldn't mind reaching out to me directly to share your opinion/s, I would appreciate it. My direct email is keith.coleman@marriott.com. There are so many options on car charging stations and we want to ensure we are best meeting our guests' needs. Thank you!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

A terrific spot and being brand-new, it fills a huge void in Bellingham's hotel choices. High quality, new of course (as mentioned), full service and with amenities - it is almost a destination for this town all in itself. Marriott always does well with all of their levels of hotels and different names/styles.

Rooms are oversized, and nice that they have two separate, partial bathrooms: one with large shower (only; no tub folks) and main sink/vanity contained in one side, and the other section with a toilet and extra small sink. Large living room area, with glass enclosed desk & with full floor-to-ceiling frosted glass makes a nice natural & useable partition to the bedroom area. A small bar/countertop with bar fridge beneath is in a corner that provides added usefulness and useable space.

Large fitness room with all new equipment looks onto a large L-shaped pool across a glass enclosed hallway. The pool is typically outrageously shallow (between 3 - 5 or so ft in sections throughout), so fantastic for families with little kids but only just barely useable for brief laps or a proper swim if no one is around. But this is typical nowadays so not a surprise. Hot tub adjacent too.

Friendly staff run the huge lobby and overall area. Part of this is a breakfast nook in mornings beneath interesting B&W photos of the area, and the free/included breakfast is elaborate (some hot items like eggs & gruel, cheap self-making waffle station, along with other quick & easy continental items). Another corner makes for a bar set-up and kind-of bistro by evenings, which all looks gleaming & chrome & spotless (& stylish) being so brand-new - not a free manager's reception or anything but an actual working bar with food to order for cost. Still, this almost seemed like the place to be lately in Bellingham and appears to attract even the locals... though also great for Groups visiting the hotel.

The only thing unfortunate about this impressive new hotel is the location, though it's not all bad: people staying will almost always be driving, and America is a car-culture place! Lots of parking out front too. Though it is a bit odd - away from the centre of town, and close to popular Bellis Fair Mall, yet not quite walkably handy to it (about a mile away).

Interesting that a long-stay TownePlace Suites (also by Marriott) will be constructed right next door soon! In total, a big gain for Bellingham - a slightly undiscovered and charming large town in its own right.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and with a terrific layout - no poor choice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

What a great review- Thank you Matthew. We may want to borrow some of your descriptions (haha). Your feedback is appreciated and I just wanted to add (to those guests who prefer a tub), our Queen (double-queen) suites do have tubs in them, whereas the king suites have the large glass-enclosed showers. Thank you again for your time to share your wonderful experience!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Great hotel! Easy access, close to Bellis fair mall and the airport. Rooms are clean, new and modern.

Great lobby. Bartender was super friendly. Front desk was helpful and friendly.

Breakfast was late, which was a drag, considering we were leaving shortly after 6am for our flight and were only able to grab the items already out (which were stale croissants and yogurt and green bananas).

The room layout isn't for everyone - I am personally not a fan of the strange set-up of bathrooms being at the end of the beds with sliding doors. In this SS, the toilet is in a separate room. Great in some ways, but sometimes it's convenient to have them in the same room (LOL). Beds were comfy. Modern conveniences (like plugs beside the beds, lots of mirrors). There were connecting doors, which I found strange in a modern hotel. Outside doors have big gaps, so if the hotel were busier, I would expect the noise to travel.

Not sure if we had bad luck, or if there are thin wall issues, but we could hear a crying baby next door or upstairs. Something to be prepared for.

I would stay here again, being that I am a Marriott rewards elite member and the hotel is affordable and meets my needs.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am very happy to hear you had a great stay and found our bartenders and front desk staff helpful. Your feedback on room layout is also helpful - our goal with the split bathrooms is to allow rooms occupied by multiple guests the opportunity to all prepare at the same time without having to wait. We also have a large amount of families traveling during some seasons and to better accommodate them, we opted to incorporate connecting rooms. Again, I am delighted to hear you had a good stay overall. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott as a Rewards Member and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Best customer service -- very warm and friendly staff. Everything is very modern and new. Seriously, the best bed I have slept in - maybe ever. Felt like sleeping on a cloud. Loved the iPhone charger in the alarm clock beside the bed, the extra space and fridge/microwave as well as the free wifi that didn't even require some sort of sign in. The hot tub and 24-hour exercise room were both modern, & very clean.

We'll be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Keith C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I have to agree - these beds are truly heavenly! To be able to provide such a great experience AND a great night's sleep is our goal. thank you again and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stayed here for 1 night and was on the 4th floor (of 5). It was very quiet EXCEPT that I could here people above running back and forth (maybe kids?) so I would say that the sound insulation between floors may not be so great. However, everything else was nice: the room was beautifully decorated (although no tub, just a shower), the fitness centre was decent, the breakfast was also good. I would stay here again. It's nice to stay in a new hotel for once! The location is great too-right off the highway and right by Fred Meyer and Bellis Fair.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your visit to the SpringHill Suites and for taking time from your day to share your experience! Over the Holiday Breaks, we have had a large number of families staying with us, so I am sorry to hear you experienced some noise from above. We are always here anytime to address any concerns of this sort to ensure you have a very comfortable - and peaceful - stay! I also wanted to address your comment about the tub/shower. All of our King Suites have a shower, so often our guests will opt for a Double Queen Suite so they may be able to enjoy a tub in their room. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and will be back soon!