“Amazing customer service hotel”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot for work and it's very important for me to have a good experience at a hotel after a long day of traveling. I have stayed in my fair share of hotels and can honestly say this hotel has exceeded all expectations. From the moment I checked in Alivia and Sam were very welcoming. Since my stay was rather a long one I came to know a few and remember some of the front desk people. All who which very helpful in informing on what restaurants and trails to go on while on my stay here. K'ana,Marie, Juliann, Matt, Meghan, and Tanya have been nothing but amazing when it came to customer service. At times I didn't have food to microwave but there are a lot of stores and restaurants nearby to go to. Starbucks is right around the corner as well. If you do go down to the bar( which I highly recommend) the bartenders matt and Lauren are very welcoming. They make sure you feel at home especially when your away from home as long I was. The spinach salad was by far my favorite dish on the menu. Daniel and Kristal can help ya decide if you had any questions though. They are very good with the whole transportation aspect. They can take you Into town, store, or restaurant if need be. I had to go take the shuttle to and from stores and to the airport often and they were beer reliable. The shuttle drivers are very personable too; chris, Anthony, Trevor, Nate, Tom and Robyn. They have a good continental breakfast in which every morning I would be asked how my stay was by Angel, Keith, Sean, Dante, Jeremy and Jordan. The whole staff made it such an amazing stay that made this stay not feel like another crappy hotel stay. The rooms were very clean. The hotel is very new so it still has that new aspect. I have no complains at all except for maybe the bar should have a separation between check in desk and bar. Otherwise this hotel is exceptional. I was here on business and they made my stay more of a vacation. Highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Mary M
Keith C, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Mary, Thanks again for such a glowing review. It was really nice to have you here and you really are missed! Please come see us again - SOON!!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I am a frequent traveler for work, and I was fortunate to be staying at the Springhill Suites Bellingham for the entire month of May. WOW, my entire experience here has left me truly impressed. I think from here on out, any hotel I stay at, will be compared to how wonderful my stay at this property was. The front desk staff was extremely knowledgeable of the area, and always knew the right place to recommend for outdoor activities, lunch, coffee, dinner, and nightlife. Kudos to Alivia, Ke'ana, & Tanya in particular with all of their help in aiding with making me comfortable and feel right at home.

The breakfast that this property offers is OFF THE HOOK! Incredible buffet with variety every single day, and such accommodating service that early in the morning, compliments of Jeremy & Dante. If I showed up a few minutes early, or a few minutes late, they were so understanding and always willing to help, even if it meant getting me a bagel at 530 am, on my way out the door to work.

As for the housekeeping, and the overall appearance of the hotel...very well kept and new! Angel Ramirez is a face I cannot forget, he was always smiling and greeting me and other guests as he walked throughout the hallways and lobby during the day, ensuring everything was in order and running smoothly.

Moving on to the bar and restaurant, I was overjoyed to spend some time indulging in some fantastic cocktails & conversation from the two exceptional bartenders, Lauren and Matt. They are very creative and charming in what they do, and great assets to the hotel. I enjoyed the menu, in my month long stay, I had the pleasure of trying several different items on the menu prepared and served by Christel and Daniel, who were very conducive in recommending dishes for dinner.

In regards to getting around while in Bellingham, the hotel is in a very accessible location, close by the Bellingham airport, as well as being a minute from the interstate 5! The hotel staff responsible for shuttling me during my stay, were EXTREMELY flexible and helpful! Whether it was a ride to the airport on moment's notice, a trip downtown, or a pick up from a bar or restaurant, these drivers were wonderful. A big thanks to Elisio, Nate, Trevor, & Chris for all of their help and flexibility.

I highly recommend staying at this hotel... I felt so unbelievably at home during my stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Grace W
Keith C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you Grace. You and the Crew are dearly missed! I'm so happy we did our job so well for you and we really hope we get to see you again!! It's been absolutely beautiful in Bellingham...hint hint.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is a new hotel in the middle of everything Bellingham has to offer. Checkin and checkout were easy, parking was great and the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was varied and tasty, something for everyone. This is a great hotel with spacious and clean suites. The 4 of us thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank RickHslm

Thank you Rick. It truly was our pleasure to welcome you and your guests. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Second time to stay in Bellingham for business and needed a better hotel than the last one I was at. Heard the Springhill was new and had some good reviews so gave it a try and was very pleased with everything. Primary requirement was a good work(desk) area. There is a nice desk with easy accessible power plugs (in the table lamp). Also a breakfast nook with separate small table so lots of room to relax and watch the TV without having to sit in the bed. Room was clean and well laid out. The lobby has lots of open area with deck, a nice little bar that you can get food at, had the Mozzarella cheeseburger and was good, the oil for the fries seemed a little old but the Mack and Jack covered that. The morning buffet breakfast was plentiful, well laid out with lots of variety. Missed the You-make waffles but won't take marks off for that. Only real reason I didn't go 5 stars was that it would be nice to have some lotion supplied in the bathroom. I don't use that stuff but my wife missed it, I was able to get some at the front desk so if there was a half point I would go 4.5 for 5. There was also no shampoo for the shower, just bar soap which is fine by me but some might miss that (I don't have enough hair to worry about shampoo).
Great staff, nice amenities, free wifi, workout room and indoor pool. Two computer stations in the loby. I will definitely be using this place again. No more looking for me. My co-worker chose to stay another night in their room, came up with some excuse about not wanting to drive home that day....
Thanks Springhill.

Room Tip: 5 floors, the higher you go the better the view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank monstrt
Keith C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

We really appreciate your time to share your experience! I'm so happy you found the new SpringHill so enjoyable! I hope your next stay may include a weekend morning so you can enjoy the waffles we offer then and please don't hesitate to let us know right away if you'd like lotion and/or additional shampoo. While we aren't supposed to stock rooms with lotion, we do have it available, along with many other items like combs, shower gel and even shoe shine kits and shower caps (although I hardly have a need for the latter either). Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Mary Antoinette M

What a wonderful recap- Thank you Mary! I'm so pleased you found the staff and services so great. The special time taken to recognize individual team members is greatly appreciated. We can't wait to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Newer property with many luxuries of a higher class property. I enjoyed the modern furnishings and the foam beds. The room was large and clean. The lobby was inviting and bright. The staff were helpful and professional. We had a nice stay and would definitely stay here again. This property is in a great location. The only negative was that the complimentary breakfast attendant had a hard time staying on top of the crowd.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Keith C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for the kind words. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay and we sincerely appreciate the recommendation!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Beautiful rooms and amenities. The Breakfast was great and the scrambled eggs tasted like scrambled eggs! Great service as well as a on site dinner menu. Love the hot chicken wings!! The Hotel is only 7 months old as well so everything is like new.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicker1
Keith C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you so much for staying with and for taking the time to share your experience. It really means a great deal to us.