“As good as I remember”

Ranked #109 of 451 Restaurants in Bellingham
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Went back to Bellingham to meet an old friend for college at the little breakfast spot we frequented so regularly when we lived in town. I was worried it might not be as good as I remember. Thank goodness I was wrong. It lived up to the memory and served us an amazing breakfast with the hash browns we had been dreaming and talking about for months as we planned this meet up.

Instead of just hash browns as I would have ordered as a college kid, I ordered eggs and upgraded to the fancy browns. The eggs were cooked perfectly and while my body was happy for the protein, my heart was wishing I had ordered just a huge plate of the California Browns (veggies, cheese...delicious!!!!) We left happy and nostalgic, cant wait to go back, have been thinking of those hash browns since.

There are newer reviews for Little Cheerful Cafe

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Stopped here after friends mentioned it a must try breakfast restaurant. Great selection on the menu, wonderful service and variety of hash-browns, clever options for omelets (try the crab cake).
well priced and well worth it. Neat decor and simple but trendy setting.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I had the worst service today. not that busy, 3 cooks online, non apologetic server, and I use to like to go there till today.I have been dozens of times and it has been here and there. not dependable. long story short, as of today March 24th, don't go here for a few months.

1  Thank Jordan N
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Nestled among funky restaurants and cafes in the old part of Bellingham, is the Little Cheerful Cafe. We were drawn in by the eccentric artwork and overall retro look. Found the service friendly, fun and fast and the food was great. Not cheap ($12.95 for the special - breakfast for 2 was $35.00 total)) but really excellent quality. I can't imagine a better way to serve scrambled eggs. We had the "Californian scrambled", with fresh asparagus, artichoke, mushroom, parmasan, artisan chicken sausage, and a nice savory seasoning. I asked for fruit instead of the hashbrowns, and was delighted with a generous selection of sliced pineapple, pear, canteloupe, grapefruit and oranges. Generous portions and non-stop coffee. We'll be back.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

A lot of people love the Little Cheerful, but I'm not one of them. The restaurant is small and in a very old part of town. The coffee is bitter and organic. The restaurant doesn't meet my cleanliness standards and the food is...blah!