“Good spot for a nights rest on the way to Canada”

GuestHouse Inn Bellingham
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Bellingham
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Stayed here on our way to Whistler, clean room, very comfortable except for the pillows which were not good ! Staff were friendly and helpful. The only downer was the very noisy fridge which we had to turn off to sleep, but at least it had a fridge

Room Tip: Turn your fridge off before bedtime - apparently this problem is known to management
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
bellinghammgmt, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you for staying with us! I also want to thank you for bringing the pillows to our attention. I do apologize about the fridge noise. I will bring both of these concerns to the appropriate crew. We hope that when you are in the area again, you will let us serve your lodging needs once again. Thank you for taking the time to leave the review and for your kind words.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for GuestHouse Inn Bellingham

Reviewed 30 August 2014

LOVED this hotel! The Guest House is excellent value. I booked on-line for a very good price and was a bit worried that it would be run-down and seedy. I was happily surprised to find it was cheerful and clean with all the amenities, including a very comfy bed. The hotel staff was very pleasant and the breakfast waffles excellent! (I would suggest yogurt as well to go with the cereal).

My husband and I travel a lot and it is disheartening to stay at more expensive hotels that offer the same basics as the Guest House but which have updated their hotel lobbies with granite counters and big mirrors and therefore feel entitled to charge more than the room itself is worth. The Guest House is one of those rare hotels today that is fair, unpretentious, good quality and excellent value.

Thanks so much -- I will recommend you to everyone I know!!

Room Tip: Be happy that hotels like this still exist!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your stay with us! Your perspective as a well seasoned traveler, is a great marker for how we are doing! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again. Please keep us in mind for the future and thank you in advance for sharing the good news about the Guesthouse Inn in Bellingham! Hope to see you again!

Regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is a budget style motel right off the I-5 in Bellingham. The reception was cheerful and efficient, the room was small with a single queen bed but it was comfortable and the pillows were even quite good. The place was very clean. The free continental breakfast was really not good, starting with the cheerless room in which it is served. If you are not pressed for time, go elsewhere for breakfast. I would stay again for the value and proximity to WWU.

• Stayed: August 2014
bellinghammgmt, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

I am glad we were able to provide you a clean and comfy stay. I am sorry you did not enjoy your breakfast that is included in your stay. We get great compliments on the expanded continental. Perhaps next time you will find breakfast more to your liking. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you again.

Thank you.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Without a reservation, we were fortunate to get a room. The room was ample size, had comfortable beds, and a complimentary breakfast. It's situated right by the I-5 so the highway traffic was non-stop noise. The staff in the breakfast room were efficient and friendly. The front desk staff were incompetent and very slow; they had trouble putting through one of our credit cards and so we used a different card. In the morning, when we were checking out, new staff also were having difficulty with the 2nd card. It took almost 45 minutes to check out. We were assured that only one card would be registered but 2 days after we left there, we noticed that both cards had been charged. No problem with our having our credit card companies dealing with it but, the experience with both the night staff and the day staff was not good. This is not a hotel for walking about the area but it worked for us in that we were only staying the night and back on the road in the morning.

Room Tip: Try a room on the back side of the hotel; the I-5 is on the front side and noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing about your stay. I do wish you had contacted me directly in regards to your credit cards. We did have issues with both of your cards, but the desk clerk did work very hard trying to work with the difficulties with your cards. I am wondering if one of the amounts you see was the authorization and the other a charge? We do authorize the whole stay when you check in. There is usually an authorization and a charge. Please let me know if there is in fact two charges and I will assist you.

Thank you.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed one night. Wouldn't stay for more. If you're flying in or out of the airport, or visting WWU, this a good place to stay. Rooms are small, but clean. Can't stay I recommend the breakfast. Good solid room for the money.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing about your stay. We do offer a solid value, a very nice expanded breakfast and a great crew that works very hard to offer a clean and comfy stay. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Needed a place to stay for a freshman event at WWU. This hotel was 5 minutes north of the campus. We arrived after 10pm and not only did I still have a room but had been upgraded to a King size bed. The room was clean with microwave, fridge, hairdryer, etc. Breakfast was free with cereal, premade omelet, waffles, fruit...Really like the location and the price was much less than the other hotel just up the street. No pool but it did have a hot tub. Nice to have the air conditioning as it was a very warm evening, and with the air conditioning on we did not hear the freeway. Bathroom was small but had a tub/shower, so it was nice to have the sink area in the room. Room size was not huge but adequate for two. I would definitely stay here again on a trip to visit the WWU campus.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
bellinghammgmt, Manager at GuestHouse Inn Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Hello and thanks for sharing about your stay with us! I see that you have visited some of the other hoteliers in town, and I thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am happy that you were comfy here and enjoyed your stay. It is nice that we are so close to campus! It makes it easy when moving your student or just visiting. Please do keep us in mind for your next stay! We would love to see you again.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed here when flying out of the Bellingham airport. I was leary at first because of the close proximity to the I-5, but I requested a room on the rear side of the hotel, and did not experience any traffic noise at all! Although an older property, it is clean and well kept. The room was comfortable and very adequate. The only complaint was that my tv did not work, but I was quickly moved to a new room. The room cost was reasonable compared to some of the other hotels in Bellingham. The free breakfast was standard fare, the staff helpful and friendly. There is no pool or hot tub, but if you are looking for a reasonable overnight stay, this is the spot! Fred Meyer is walking distance across the street, and it is a short car ride a variety of stores, including Bellis Fair Mall, Costco, WalMart, KMart. They also offer 7 days free parking if you are flying out of the Bellingham airport, with free shuttle service to and from the airport. Lots of hotels in the area say they have free parking, but they charge you an inflated room rate to cover it, this place doesn't. The only down side is that the shuttle only runs 8 am to 6 pm, and I found myself having to make a costly taxi run at 6:30 am ($30 with the tip). Other than that, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Katnelsen
bellinghammgmt, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us! I appreciate the kind words about the hotel and the staff and will be sure to share the compliments with the crew! I am sorry that the hot tub was not pointed out to you as we do have one on the property. Be sure to bring your suit on your next stay and we will be happy to direct you to the relaxing spa for a nice soak!

Again, thank you very much and have a great week!