“Relax and read”

Hilo, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relax and read”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

One of the great places to visit, especially if you need a break on a long drive. New books, old books, coffee, tea, things to nibble on. Three full levels of books in a cozy, comfy atmosphere with great chairs to sit and read a while. The kind of place book livers dream of. You can spend all day or just take a break, either way, it's what any reader will love.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank AgingPisces

Bellingham, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“terrible customer service”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I received a book for Christmas from Village
Books. 13 of of the pages were not cut properly at the publishers. I tried to take the defective book back today for a cash refund and they wouldn't do it. They wanted to do store credit or charge it back to the person's credit card who purchased it. It was my Christmas gift, it was defective merchandise, I don't want store credit I wanted cash back. I barely paid my rent last month and am not sure how I'm going to pay it this month. I was going to use that cash to buy some groceries. The terrible clerk wanted my phone number so the manager could contact me. I had to give up my phone service because I can't afford it right now.
I just read some of the other people's reviews of Village Books. If Village Books is the "heart and soul" of Fairhaven, then Fairhaven has no soul.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Tom S
Surrey, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Love this bookstore!”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Very nice bookstore in the middle of charming Fairhaven district. I loved the wooden stairs, floors, and brick walls. It's also great that they sell both new and used books. My sisters and I enjoyed browsing through the book selections and ended up buying one about the Louvre museum. Beautiful!

Visited August 2013
Bellingham, Washington
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Books for everyone”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This bookstore is a treasure. Not only are they an independently owned bookstore, but they encompass the heart and soul of the Fairhaven district in Bellingham. Their selection of books is extensive, their staff is knowledgeable, and it's just comfortable to browse through their store. Their building is modern and full of light while also incorporating vintage aspects of the historic Fairhaven area. Chuck and Dee, the owners, are truly dedicated to the task of keeping independent book stores alive and well and what a great job they are doing!

Visited September 2013
Monument, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Must when in Bellingham!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is a fantastic store! We couldn't browse long and had to make our selections quickly to catch our shuttle and ferry ... which is where the superb customer service comes in! My daughter wanted a specific book and we were accompanied right to it, saving us precious time. Would love to return and spend hours perusing the selections and enjoying the charming atmosphere! Three floors in a charming historic building ~ make the time to enjoy!

Visited August 2013