“Deserving of 'Plus"”

Best Western Heritage Inn
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Bellingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Our room was comfortable and overlooked a treed creek. The bed was extremely comfortable, and we both slept through the entire night. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise with every thing you could possibly want including scrambled eggs and bacon or sausage. They served Danish pastries, fresh fruit, and plenty of hot coffee, regular and decaf. Yum!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Carlee S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear George W,
Thank you for staying with us and for writing such a detailed review of your stay. I am happy to see you enjoyed our recently upgraded pillow-top mattresses and our hot extended continental breakfast. Please visit us again soon; I am looking forward to it!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Heritage Inn

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Booked this at the last minute, did not know what to expect. People were really friendly. Asked for recommendations and each of the team had their own opinion. But each of those opinions clearly were very personal honest ones. Shout out to Carlee and Rhiannon who were helpful at the front desk. The breakfast team led by Andy (?--forgive me if I remember it incorreclty) put out a great spread for the money.

The hotel is right by the highway which is cinvenient but the lack of a view in this beautiful part of the country (which cannot be helped) takes a star off. Rating is for value.

People were very nice in the hotel and the town. Nice place for a visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear SubBanerjee,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us; I am delighted to see you had such an enjoyable stay at the hotel on your latest trip to Bellingham. It is true that we are located in a more commercial part of town; in the future we would be happy to place you in a room with a view of Baker Creek which runs through the property! I would also like to thank you for mentioning Rhiannon and Andy. I will be sure to pass on your kind words. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Visiting relatives in Bellingham and just happened to choose this lovely hotel. The Inn is located in a very convenient location. We asked for and got a quiet room that overlooked lots of trees. We also were able to enjoy the view and sounds of the creek that runs through it! I especially liked the bed...I forgot how good a bed could be. The room was very nice--although my husband thought it was a little small. The breakfast was wonderful and a great staff keep all the food and drink in good supply. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Next time in the area we will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet one with a view of the creek and lush trees.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Msmarmot,
Thank you for the detailed review of your most recent stay with us. I am pleased to see you enjoyed picturesque Baker Creek, and our plush new Beautyrest Black pillow-top mattresses. I would also like to thank you for mentioning our breakfast staff. They strive to keep everything hot and fresh for every guest. I am looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Super clean and comfortable place to stay. The staff was great and helpful. The room was crazy clean and the bed really comfortable. The buildings are nicely appointed and again did I say how clean the place was. The breakfast was a huge surprise. Everything was fresh and the place was busy. The only thing I would have liked to see was fruit. Close to the freeway but no noise problems at all. The room rate for us was $102.00 per night. We felt we got more than what we paid for. Thanks BW.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Carlee S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Michele T,
I would like to thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us. Our housekeeping team works very hard to ensure our guest rooms and property are spotless-- thank you for noticing their efforts! We are continually looking for ways to improve and your suggestion about breakfast will be passed on to our Breakfast Supervisor. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I liked so many things about this property: smaller building units meant only 6 guest rooms per floor--this made much less hallway noise & door slamming; parking was convenient to each building; Baker Creek meanders through the property--ask for a room overlooking the creek and watch ducks play; the room was nicely decorated & furnished and was quite large. The Keurig coffee maker, microwave & refrig were conveniently arranged. The reception and cleaning staff were cheerful, helpful and friendly. While the location is near a busy I-5 interchange, the park-like setting helped shield traffic noise. The breakfast room was in a different building, a short walk across the parking area. The walk was no problem and I truly appreciated not smelling breakfast at 6AM in my room. LIKED this lodging!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Baker Creek.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear mtinnkeeper,
Thank you for the detailed review of your stay with us. We do focus a lot of time and attention on ensuring every guest is provided with a superior experience like yours. I am happy to see you enjoyed our recent room upgrades such as the Keurig coffee maker. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

very nice rooms, very, very helpful staff, but beware of "heritage" - it is not "normal" new hotel, but all rooms are speeded around in small old building, which are not connected in between!
since it was rainy day when i was, was not pleasure waking on the rain around to reach breakfast room in the basement, or reception few buildings (houses) away.
breakfast is average, like in most hotels in US. one of the best beds for this category of the hotel i had.

Room Tip: ask for room in reception building, or where is breakfast, to avoid "singing on the rain"!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Goran O,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to write a candid review of our property. We offer a unique layout which features three separate buildings all surrounding picturesque Baker Creek, which can sometimes be tricky to navigate in the rain. Umbrellas are available for guest use and are located at every door. I do hope we are able to welcome you back again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 360-674-1912.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Clean, comfortable rooms. Beds were super comfortable. Rooms are a little on the small side. Decent breakfast. Very easy to get on and off I-5. Would stay again. Good access to shopping (Bellis Fair Mall) and restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paula S

Dear Paulas5458549,
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us. I am happy to see you enjoyed our recently upgraded pillow top mattresses. On your next trip to Bellingham, please do not hesitate to call us at 360-647-1912. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!