“Not the same quality at all”
Review of Bagelry

Bagelry
Ranked #3 of 12 Bakeries in Bellingham
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We have been visiting the Bagelry from Vancouver, BC for the past 20 years because we have always enjoyed the value and quality we get. Unfortunately this time around, we were extremely disappointed. Our usual is the chicken salad and has been for the last 2 decades. Unfortunately we found the following:

1. the chicken salad is now paper thin on the bagel as you can barely taste it…they really cheapened out on the quantity they give.
2. the alfalfa is gone and now replaced with one or two little leaves of lettuce…again…cheap.
3. the taste of the chicken salad has definitely changed…different recipe? it was bland with absolutely no taste of chicken.
4. the cost has gone up tremendously…currently, for $5.20 you get this bagel with hardly any chicken salad, a tiny bag of chips, and a wedge of pickle. the value is no longer there and way overpriced for what you get.

it's okay to charge more $ but at least give the consumers the same quality and quantity of food!
i am saddened that we will no longer be eating there as we always enjoy the drive down just to for their chicken salad bagels. it is truly too bad. i can't help wonder if it is under new management?

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Wow! I'm still shocked at the experience I had.
Walked in with my family of three. My 2 year old in a stroller was playing with an empty, white, logo-less coffee cup. The owner, Ken was behind the counter, walked over and told my wife and I that we should leave if we are going to bring beverages from other restaurants into his. He put our order in a brown bag ( we were planning on eating inside) and told us to leave and that we should be ashamed of ourselves. I tried to explain that the cup was empty and I didn't mean to offend him. He scolded us again. I'm still blown away.
My official boycott of this place has begun. Avenue Bread next door is significantly better anyway.

1  Thank George M
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

I love the bagelry. I Have lived all over the state and have never found a bagel so good. I feel lucky to be raised in bham to have them! No one makes a bagel, cream cheese or bagel sandwich like them. Their sister store in Seattle is good but not as good as the original. Over the years it has gotten pricey but let me assure you worth every penny. If in bham and craving anything bagel go here

Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

Been eating here since I was a kid. Love it there. Always get a two dozen to take home with me and I dine on authentic bagels for a couple weeks. Keep it up bagelry

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Nothing else like it between NYC and here!
The bagels are fresh, huge and delicious.
It smells wonderful and it's tempting to buy one of each.