“high price for average meal”
Review of The Big Fat Fish Co. - CLOSED

The Big Fat Fish Co.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
washington state
“high price for average meal”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I had a lemon drop martini, the Argentine Sirloin Chimichurri, and a limoncello cheesecake. I sat at the bar. It was about 5pm on a thursday so there were only a couple of other tables. The bartender was quite attentive - he made my drink right away, was friendly, and willing to answer any question I had. When I asked what siracha aioli was (I know what aioli is but not siracha), he brought me a sample of both the aioli as well as the siracha sauce by itself.

My meal was cooked per my order (steak medium rare) and the garlic potatoes and asparagus were yummy. The steak was too chewy and the meal not worth the price charged. I liked the cheesecake crust but the cheesecake itself was just okay.

Will not return as I feel there are better restaurants in Bellingham where I'd rather spend my money.

• Visited October 2013

Bellingham, Washington
“Good Fish House, Not So Good Prices”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The food was good, service was good also. Prices were rather high for a casual dining establishment. I guess they think they are in New Orleans---hence the name. Maybe those prices would be suitable in the Big Easy, but not in Bellingham, WA.

Waupaca, Wisconsin
“Very average”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stopped on a Saturday evening and our first clue should have been that the restaurant was virtually empty! We sat outside, along the sidewalk, on a beautiful evening and both ordered fish entrees. Neither meal was above average although the prices were! Service was also only mediocre. Not a place I would rush back to visit.

1 Thank rh4111
“Spotty, overpriced entrées mar a very pretty restaurant - much better in bar.”
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

The Big Fat Fish Co. should be an excellent restaurant. It is very attractive and the menus are inviting. Regretfully, the delivery is not so good. Food can be delicious or just mediocre. Portions can be too puny for the prices charged, with a lot of variation and inconsistency. The "new" ownership has not improved things; the menus are even pricier and less predictable. There is one shining exception: the Happy Hour drinks and menu in the bar area. These are really good; you can make a fine dinner of the small-plates, excellent sushi rolls, and drink specials.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank sho1627
ames, iowa
“Best Fish EVER??!!”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant as we walked to town of Fairhaven - what a food lovers paradise!! Any whoooo, my husband, who judges EVERY restaurant by the quality of the fish and chips, declared this the BEST fish in both Vancouver, Whistler and Bellingham - and the boy EATS fish!! I, the carnivore, chose a hamburger that was equally delicious - what is it with Canadian beef??? Worth a visit again - for sure, as is the wonderful town of Fairhaven!

1 Thank joniefitz4