“Big Dissapointment”

Ranked #99 of 444 Restaurants in Bellingham
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Description: Welcome to our Greek kitchen where we set the standard for Greek food in the northwest. Delicious seasoned and grilled souvlakis, gyros, fresh made mousaka, domathes and spanakopitas just to name a few. Sample light fare and a cold drink in our cozy lounge and listen to live jazz every Thursday night.Come to the healthier side of dining out and enjoy the delicious "Mediterranean Diet" the world's healthiest.
Bellingham, Washington
“Big Dissapointment”
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Based on reviews, and seeking the best gyro in town, stopped by for noon solo lunch. The establishment is clean, was sparse of patrons, seated quickly and ordered a lamb gyro with Greek salad. The plate arrived quickly. The salad was crunchy with out flavor. The gyro was warm at best and regretably lacked flavor. The extra zatziki sauce requested was chilled and resembled tapioca, I've had better sauce out of a packet.
I rechecked the prior reviews and can not reconcile those against my meal. For me, this is a must pass go and do not stop.

Spokane, Washington
“Great Place”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This was my boyfriends and my first time having Greek food so I can't really say how authentic it was but the flavor was divine. We had some gyros which were awesome. The service was nice and the price was great for a good lunch. The crowd did seem to be more elderly and at 19 and 20 we felt a little out of place but that might just have been the time of day we went. The decor was nice and inviting.

• Visited September 2013
Bellingham, Washington, United States
“Reliable and fresh food”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I have gone to this restaurant for years and have never been disappointed. Everything is fresh and savory. It's just a great choice. I recommend the appetizer platter to begin, which provides a taste of lots of different delights.

• Visited May 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Excellent egg lemon soup”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The egg lemon soup is the best we've ever tasted, My friend and I had this soup twenty-five years ago. Since then we searched over and over in Greek restaurants but never found anything comparable. We are glad Cafe Akroteri hasn't changed the recipe! The saganaki and Greek ribs were also fantastic.

• Visited July 2013
Vernon, Canada
“Great Greek”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

After many trips to Bellingham over the last number of years we finally stumbled on a great place for Greek food. It was here all the time and we do not know how we missed it!! The ambiance is okay, but everything else is way above okay - in fact Great. Really good service, super food and local beers to wash it all down. We will be back here next time we are in the fine city of Bellingham.

• Visited May 2013