“Good food”

Supon's Thai Kitchen
Ranked #231 of 460 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We recently discovered Supon's Kitchen. The first two times, despite the slooow service we were pleased. If you're eating here, you can't have a time you need to be somewhere. The food is delicious. The third time we walked in 20 minutes to closing time and were bluntly told we couldn't order anything. I thought this was a big mistake, there is another Thai place within a minute drive. We ended up eating there (which is where we used to frequent for Thai dinner) and they were happy to seat us just before closing time. We have since returned to Supon's Kitchen, but only when the other Thai eatery was crowded. I think when we want Thai, we will return to the original place, and go to Supon's only when the other place is crowded. You just can't take back unwelcoming atmosphere.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I've been an regular customer of Supon's for years and really enjoyed their Dupont location. However, my experiences have continually been negative since the move to Samish Way. We've had a few to-go orders lost, in-house waits have been pretty disorganized and the food quality seems to have declined on each visit. Last nights to-go order will most likely be our last. The Thai Style Pad Thai lacked tamarind, fish sauce and tofu. The four star rating had absolutely no heat. Either they mixed this order up with another person or the #10 just isn't good anymore. My dinner partners were not happy either. I'm afraid that I'm just not going to take a chance on this place again.

3  Thank OneTrippyHippy
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Best Thai food restaurant outside of Thailand that I've ever eaten at. Thai Pod Thai is authentic, and out of this world. The restaurant is set up in traditional Thai fashion with long tables in the center of the dining area, and smaller tables off to the sides. The decor is authentic, and the cooks are Thai. The perfect recipe for an authentic dining experience.

The menu is quite diverse, and covers a large array of tastes. Good salads, soup, and deserts as well. If you convience the cooks you can handle real Thai spicing, they'll even make it real Thai style for you. Awesome dining experience. Been here many times with friends and family always with satisfactory results. Ample portions, and very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Tom kha gai was great. Phad Thai and Cashew chicken was very tasty. My wife loved the coconut ice cream made on site and the black sticky rice was creamy and delicious. We were visiting and went to Soupon's on the recommendation of our hotel front desk person. She was spot on!

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Been meaning to try this place every time we end up staying in Bellingham. Ordered takeout pad thai (thai style) and it was adequate. Servings are generous (we find most portions in restaurants in America to be huge). Mango sticky rice was passable (you can tell that the sticky rice wasn't freshly made). Will re-visit again to see if this restaurant merits a higher score.

Been to Supon's Thai Kitchen? Share your experiences!