“Great Shakes”

Ranked #22 of 461 Restaurants in Bellingham
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Boomer’s Drive-In – Voted the Best Burger in Bellingham again & again!Great Food | Great Price | Great FunBoomer’s great food has been a local family favorite for decades. Our customers have enjoyed the same great menu of gourmet Boomers Burgers, world-famous waffle fries, real hard ice cream milkshakes, yummy hot dogs, fresh salads and old-fashion car hop service for years.Serving families in Bellingham since 1989, Boomer’s Drive-In has become a local icon. People who enjoyed Boomers as a child are now bringing their kids and grand kids to enjoy the same great food. Little about Boomers has changed over the years and we strive to keep it that way.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Every time we are in Bellingham (usually twice a month) we will always head to Boomer`s for an excellent lunch. The burgers are very good as well as the waffle fries. The milkshakes are excellent as well. The prices are very reasonable compared to what we pay in South Surrey for a comparable meal; unfortunately all we have here are fast-food chains and not an independent burger place to be found. When our son from Alberta visits a trip to Boomer`s is a requirement. Great food at reasonable prices and you will not leave hungry. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Good selection and surprisingly gourmet for very cheap. The chocolate milkshake was made with ice cream and was delicious! The burger choices were ample and they tasted wonderful! Contrary to my first impression, there is indoor dining.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Spent the day in Bellingham with my daughters who both attend WWU. They suggested Boomer's for lunch. I had never been there even though I had briefly attended WWU back in the 80's. Sadly, I was too busy being granola to eat there, I guess. What an awesome lunch we had! I ordered up the Cajun Inferno burger which tasted exactly like it sounds: spicy, flaming, and good. Had a hard time deciding though, because one of my daughter's boyfriend ordered the Garlic Bleu Burger. It smelled soooo good, and from the speed at which he inhaled it, it must've tasted great! So excited to have tried Boomer's. Will be back on my next visit to Bellingham.

1  Thank Heidiho62
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I hope this drive-in never goes away. I wouldn't say it's the cheapest burger around, but it might be the tastiest. Get their meal deal and the waffle fries will guarantee that it's a full meal you won't come away hungry from. Their shakes are AMAZING. Old fashioned, thick and filling. This is the kind of place that makes you wish they had one in every major city just so you could spread the word of how awesome they are.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

However many drive in restaurants are left around this vast country, this place has to be one of the best. Grilled burgers, milk shakes, fries and onion rings. Nirvana! But that's not all, the entire drive in experience is still intact. Car hops on skates in the summer, a drive up awning dining space that encompases around 20 cars I think, prompt service, trays hangin' on your window, and a major throw back menu from a 50's road trip along Route 66. Wanna order, just flick on your headlights. Ready to leave, just do it again.

There's an indoor seating section with a fire pit as well as the drive in option. They serve the same great stuff as in the drive in portion, with less cholesterol laden menu items also available. Chicken burgers veggie burgers, salads, kids meals, and so many ice cream choices. As a further plus, it's also easy on the pocket book. Very hard place to beat when the sun is shining. TA has this as the # 12 eating establishment in Bellingham, but in my book, it's in the top 5.

A great place to park the convertible and hang for a while.
5 stars totally.