“Horrid”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Horrid”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I am soo surprised by the positive reviews.
My sister and I wanted to have diner some place new.

Big mistake. When we arrived, I thought the place was closed. NO ONE was there. After we were seated I ordered a side salad and my sister ordered the onion soup to start.

The salad was from a bagged mix and the soup was revoltingly oily. We could hear the waiter pop the top to a can of soda before delivering our drinks to the table. It wasn't bad enough that it came from a can, but it was a generic off brand soda. NOT Pepsi like was listed on the menu

I ordered a seafood platter as my main dish. It too was revoltingly oily and quite cold.
The customer service was non existent. No one came to check on us, or ask us about our meal.

We will NEVER return. I enjoyed no part of this meal.

Bellingham, Washington, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I live here in town and would never go back to this place”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I am not sure if the other reviewers here were in a different dimension or time warp? But the night that my husband and I decided to go and eat at Sadighi's restaurant it was a much different experience.

We arrived around 7:30 pm. Walked in and thought that we had caught them as they were closing. Half the lights were shut off in the place. There were no other diners. Not one. A very old man seated us and was very, almost hostile, is the best way I can describe it. We ordered two apps and then sat there for, I am not kidding, 35 mins. When we finally got them, One was vegetables in Parmesan and the other was garlic bread, The vegetables were the same that you would get out of green giant steamer's bag. The bread was not much better. We sat there in a silent dark restaurant, eating our frozen veggies wondering if he was going to come back and refill our drinks. Feeling uncomfortable in talking since it wouldn't have seemed like a very private conversation. We paid for the apps, which were grossly over-priced and got out of there as quick as we could.

I will put it this way, as anyone that you meet that lives in Bellingham and they all know this place, but no one knows why or how it stays in business.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Robyn M
Spokane, Washington
“Late Night Surprise”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This was a late night dinner after 9pm, We didn't expect anything to be open that served a quality meal, so were we very happy to have found this restaurant that was open until 10. The service was great as well as the food. We both had the New York steaks that were cooked perfectly, they came with onion soup that I wasn't going to eat at first but after a taste, I loved it. The seasonings used on the toasted bread and potatoes was excellent. We couldn't have been happier. I wish this place was closer to where we live as we would be regulars.

• Visited July 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice homely place.”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

The food we ordered was great, all of it was nicely cooked and the portions were reasonable (although some may say small, as in America restaurants tend to overload your plate). Was nice seeing Mr. Sadighi himself run the place, sure it was quiet, sure it wasn't the most lively atmosphere, but it was a lovely place to eat and it's a nice change not to eat at a chain.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank KeiDee
Bellingham, Washington
“good food, quiet atmosphere”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We had a late lunch today at Sadighi's. My daughter had the seafood creole which she really enjoyed. The filet of salmon and fish and chips were good. The veggies were perfectly steamed and the batter on the fish was light and crispy. As was the last time we were there ( about 6 months ago on a late Saturday afternoon) we were the only ones there. The trellises around the restaurant create a quiet and peaceful atmosphere. Great choice If you are looking for a quiet place to get a good meal.

• Visited June 2012