“New management, staff and food!”
Review of Fairhaven Pub & Martini Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fairhaven Pub & Martini Bar
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The Fairhaven has reopened with new management, staff and food! The service is great, staff are polite and helpful, and the food is delicious! They are family friendly during the day and kids can even play on the pool tables during family friendly hours. They do specials almost every day (they are closed on mondays) and events of some sort every weekend. If you were disappointed before, give it another shot!

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Business closed down quite a while ago just posting a review to that effect. Not surprising - been there before for our business Christmas party and all of our meals were served cold, service was poor.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

I went for my tea with my grandparents today too see what the food would be like along with the atmosphere. My first thought towards the menu was not a lot of choice compared to some pubs, and as it has recently been opened and refurbished I had high expectations to say the least. The waiters and waitresses seemed helpful, although the diner was very quiet. I ordered an prawn dish exceeding £5 for my starter, and it came with only 4 king prawns in the shell. The prawns were very undercooked and almost like a jelly in parts, and the paprika sauce had barely any taste which I was very disappointed in. For my main course I ordered Chicken Balmoral, as the waitress came she didn't even know what the dish was unroll the arrival of the other main dishes. As I was tasting the dish the vegetables were extremely undercooked and the haggis which was inside the chicken was not as I would have expected. Also as I am a fan of chips I asked for them instead of the potatoes offered and they were discusting, almost like they were left under a Warmer until people asked for them. I also have to comment on the size of the courses all round which were very small for the prices asked such as £12.50 for the Balmoral Chicken. Also the drinks were mixed up and I ended up with a pint of fosters instead of the Stella I asked for. And in conclusion the meal was very disappointing and I shall not be returning !!!

Reviewed 30 March 2009