“This was our go-to Fish & Chips place, but now it's closed...”
Review of Shrimp Shack - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shrimp Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We've had a long term connection to the original Shrimp Shack and then this one on Cornwall Avenue. This is the place we compared other F&C places to. At our last visit, we found they had closed at the end of May. We'll miss them.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

This was my first time to the Bellingham area, and we found the place by a Smartphone search.
The atmosphere is of course nautical themed, and OK. The restaurant and the men's bathroom was clean.
All of us ordered the Fish & Chips, and it definitely did not disappoint! One really neat menu feature is that you can choose how many pieces of fish you have, so I was finally able to order a portion that left me satisfied! IIRC, the others ordered four piece meals, and I had an eight piece. As it was, I had all eight and another one that my wife couldn't finish. The fish pieces were about the same size as the old McDonald's apple pies. The fries were good, and it was a reasonable portion. Service was good, the waitresses were friendly and efficient.
Where they fell down was on the crab cocktail and the onion rings: The wife didn't like the crab cocktail as the crab and the cocktail sauce were served separately, so it was more like crab and dipping sauce. The onion rings had a crunchy coating as opposed to a batter. This is subjective, as both of us like plain batter. All in all, we were happy with the place and would gladly go back, albeit adjust what we order accordingly.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I have been a semi-regular at both old and new building for over 40 years. The seafood is outstanding, the servers have always been top of the line, anticipating your requirements. I recommend it and will probably be going for another 40 !

Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

Sorry but that photo was when they were good, it's not the Same miss the fish guy it was a treat to go in there before but now it's lost the appeal and the food is average. Used to have a homemade taste now it's just typical fast food

Reviewed 28 April 2013

this place can't be beat with there fish and chips. the fairhaven bus comes close, but still not as good. it alway very fresh.