“Great Asian fusion food”
Review of AW Asian Bistro - CLOSED

AW Asian Bistro
Cuisines: Asian
Bellingham, Washington
“Great Asian fusion food”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant numerous times with friends and family for over 5 years. We are picky about Asian food having lived in San Francisco. We come away from Asian Bistro every time having truly enjoyed the food. The sushi is terrific and the variety of Asian dishes are interesting and never disappoint. Even the desserts are good. The service is OK... it would help if the servers were actually Asian and knew something about the food they serve.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Arthur C

Blaine, WA
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I had high hopes for this restaurant, but just one step inside the door and I knew it was not the place for me. The greeter was slow and abrupt as if I had interrupted him from more important business to seat me. He placed me at a table in direct line to the kitchen when there were lots of tables available. The restaurant was in serious need of a good cleaning and it just seemed seedy.

Visited February 2013
Seattle
“Interesting tasty choices”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We love asian food and this place offers the best of several countries' cuisine. The portions were large enough to take home and feed us a second night! I was a little surprised that the lomein noodles were simple spaghetti pasta based instead of rice based, but the taste was great. We missed the happy hour, but the prices were still quite fine. Great place for food in Fairhaven.

Visited September 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent relaxed fusion restaurant”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

From the time we walked in the door our service was excellent, even though the Olympics were on. Great waiter. Nice relaxed atmosphere. Loved loved loved, the calamari appetizer. For a main course I got the 5 spice tuna salad, which was done to perfection. Can't wait to come back and try more.

“Fresh Fish!”
Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

My kids had a day off school so we tried a new place for lunch. There was only one server, but he was hustling to keep up. To be honest I wasn't expecting too much from the sushi, but my kids like California rolls so much they'll even eat those awful ones you get at the grocery store. We ordered 3 CA rolls, 1 shrimp tempura roll and the tuna poke salad to share.

It did take a while to get our food, but they do serve complimentary miso or hot and sour soup. However, once our server put the sushi on the table it was a whirlwind of eating! There were 8 pieces in each CA roll and 6 in the shrimp roll, if I recall. That's 30 all together - I got 2 (one of each kind). Obviously, my kids loved the rolls - 14 each! I think that's a record for them! The CA was one of the best I've ever had and I'd highly recommend it. The shrimp was good, too. The tuna poke was very fresh and well seasoned.

We will definitely come back. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was because they could use another server. While the guy who was there was doing a great job it was kind of distracting watching him hustle so much and I felt bad for him. I know it's not his fault, though!

1 Thank FlyingZs