“Sad and lonely”

Price range: US$15 - US$20
Bellingham, Washington
“Sad and lonely”
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

We were the only customers for our entire meal. The atmosphere felt like we were in someone's house and the house was outdated. The food itself? The salad had no flavor, the yakisoba noodles were also tasteless. Their sushi was ok but it reminded me of sushi you get at the grocery store. We won't be coming back.

1 Thank AnnetteD606

NW Washington
“Third time disappointed”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I know I should have learned by now, but there don't seem to be any obvious alternatives in Bellingham... the first time we ate here was terrific, food was hot and sushi was good. Maybe I was just really hungry. The subsequent two times have been mediocre at best. Tonight when we went there we were seated in the narrow area to the right as you come in the front door. There seems to be no lighting in this part of the restaurant except what comes through some inside windows from where the kitchen and other part of the restaurant are so it feels as if you are out on the porch and the warm cozy restaurant is inside... not a very welcoming feeling, and needless to say dimly lit. I asked to be moved when I went to the restroom and noticed how much nicer the other dining room was. The hostess huffed and rolled her eyes at the request even though she did move us.
As far as the food... it was... eh... nothing to write home about. The first course was salad, which was horrible. Cold hard noodles and limp cooked bean sprouts in a bowl with a slice of cucumber on top. The rolls didn't feel fresh (nori was tough and rice was hard). Miso soup was acceptable. The chicken terriyaki was pretty good this time, although not so good last time. The tempura as ok... I ordered the prawn and vegetable and there were a lot of prawns, a piece of sweet potato, brocolli, onion and that was it. I've had really good Japanese food and sushi before and this, unfortunately, came nowhere near. I'm afraid I won't be going here again. Also, we spent $90 for two adults and two kids (kids got the kids meal). No alcohol/drinks, just two entrees and 1 roll and one sushi. NOT WORTH IT.

• Visited October 2013
Vancouver, Washington
“Great place to enjoy a nice meal”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We where in Bellingham and I checked out trip advisor for a place to eat Sushi, this place came up so we gave it a try. We both tried a couple rolls out some tempura vegetables and stir fry, everything was fresh the service is top notch and we where not rushed. We would come back again.

• Visited February 2013
San Francisco, California
“Overpriced California Roll in an Old House”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We were disapointed with the limited selection of sushi & sashimi. Most of the usual items such as Saba, Uni & Unagi were missing, it was almost a beginners menu. Prices were very high compared to most Japanese restaurants we frequent.

• Visited April 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Truly the Best Sushi in Bellingham”
Reviewed 1 August 2012 via mobile

We love Osaka for its delicious sushi and Japanese fare. Our favorites are the Mt Baker roll and the tuna varieties - definitely a need to try if you like rolls. The entrees are also great and more reasonable on the wallet. Great service too!