“really refreshing”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I and a friend ate lunch at this cute little cafe in Blaine Wa. The service was excellent and the new owner catered to our special needs. I had a gluten free biscuit with melted cheese that was incredibly good. It is not easy to find really good gluten free bakery products. This was excellent. My friend had a panini that was delicious. We ate outside over looking the water and boats. We couldn't have asked for a more delightful experience. My decaf cappuccino great. If you are in Blaine I recommend that you give this place a try. The new owner and she is working hard to make this a success. I think she is well on the way. I will certainly go back.

2  Thank slipsett

Reviewed 10 May 2013

I was on a motorcycle ride and as I pulled into Blaine I was feeling a little hungry so I stopped by this place! The sandwich I had Caprices on sourdough was AMAZING! The best caprices sandwich I have ever had. The esspresso was also very good, I am pretty picky about my iced vanilla lattes and it was so good! I will definatly be back and will be bringing some friends! The view over the blaine harbor is so beautiful espically on a great day like we had today!

1  Thank blondecurlysue
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We drove by this little place a few times then last weekend our curiosity got the better of us and we went in to eat. Its a neat, quirky and unique little cafe set inside a caboose car, The owners keep the place spotlessly clean and the decor is funky. You can sit inside where it feels like a 50's diner or outside on th covered deck overlooking the harbor. Food menu is great anf the food quality was awesome - absolutely delicious. Home baked goods can be seen in the display case mmmmm the cookies. If you want a freat breakfast or lunch dont drive by stop in - you will love it !

1  Thank macdogmac
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I had an errand to run in Blaine so I picked up my friend in Surrey and crossed the border at Peace Arch into the U.S.. We both like trying new places and decided to check out the Little Red Caboose Cafe.
Parking was certainly plentiful and upon approaching the Caboose, we could smell delicious flavours in the air.
A sandwich board stated the specials of the day.
Inside was a cozy atmosphere with a black and white tiled floor and a beckoning display of baked goods. Brownies, scones, croissants and giant gluten free cookies were just some of the items.
A vast selection of coffees and other beverages are available.
We had tuna melts with coleslaw. The tuna melt had plenty of filling and the bread was nice and crispy. The coleslaw was fresh and crunchy and had the right amount of dressing.
The coffee (Ethiopian) was an instant favourite. The cups although generous in size were soon refilled.
This is a family run business with father, mom and son who is very personable. They've had the business for about 11 months.
We plan to return for breakfast which is served from 8 am to 11 am and has it's own separate menu.
There is outside dining and the view would be an added reason to visit again.

1  Thank MayAndMel
Reviewed 13 March 2013

We stopped here for lunch and it was a great choice. I had the cheese steak and it was delicious. The other two people I was with said really good things about their meals too. Its a small place, but has a good atmosphere. Justin was more than welcoming and we had a good conversation with him. My only regret is that this was my third time in Blaine and I just found this place.