“Waterslide Entertainment Okay”

Birch Bay Waterslides
Ranked #5 of 12 things to do in Blaine
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This was my first trip there and I wasn't too impressed. I was honestly expecting more options on the amount of waterslides that were open. They had the biggest one closed (the one that the Grandson wanted to try) so he had to 'settle' for the remaining 5 slides open. The food was cold (Chicken and Corn Dog Meals) and the kitchen had just opened when I placed my order...yuck! The price for both entry and food was too high. It took a long time to get into the park since they only had one employee at the ticket office for all purchases at opening hour. That was not such a good idea on a very HOT day! I don't think it's fair to only get $8 back if you're a 'viewer only' and not using the waterslides or hot tub. So $12 to watch someone else...yikes! I guess those that can't participate should NOT go and send the kids with someone else.

All reviews
"kiddos"
"picnic"
"canada"

Reviewed 30 June 2013

This was our first time to this park. I found the viewer only price to be really high ($11.95). While all of the pools and slides did appear clean and they had plenty of lifeguards on duty, there were problems. I do not know if it had do with the weather, which was overcast and around 65 degrees F, however the pool and the hot tub were not very warm. My daughter and her friends tried to swim in the pool and said it was way to cold, they then went over to the hot tub and said and it was not much warmer. On a final note, after an hour or so of sliding, two of our group were injured on the twisty black slide. They "fell out of" the innertube and one of them banged her ankle really hard and the other hit her head. I will say the first aid was very good and attentive, however as we were getting ready to leave, the medics were called for another injury on another slide. Maybe this was just a fluke, but 3 injuries in an hour does not make me super excited to come back.

2  Thank Brendakcat
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The Birch Bay Water Slides are under new ownership, and the entire facility is being spruced up in time to open for the Memorial Day weekend. In June they will be open weekends only, then every day from June 22 to September 2, 2013.

This is a great place to spend a few hours or all day. To help offset the slight increase in admission this year, you will be allowed to bring your own picnic inside - but for safety reasons no coolers, no glass ware, and of course no alcohol.

The Birch Bay Water Slides have changing rooms, showers and lockers, picnic tables, concessions and a restaurant. They use heated water on all the slides, and they have a huge hot tub, so you can go even on an overcast day.

6  Thank Whatcom
Reviewed 22 April 2013

It is so nice to have this facility in your back yard. Good place to go with a bunch. Lots of fun. Hve not been there since it changed hands tho.

1  Thank mjeanj
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 December 2012

We've been visiting the Birch Bay Waterslides for years and the tradition continues each summer! We love how they're not as packed as other places and the small town of Birch Bay is just steps away. We usually get a Little Caesar's pizza from next door and share it for lunch. We've found that the slides are usually pretty clean and in good condition. Can't wait till next summer and for our next trip to Birch Bay!

2  Thank sunsandsurf11