“Surf & Turf Scores Big!”

Jack Niemann's Black Forest Steak House
Ranked #9 of 42 Restaurants in Blaine
Cuisines: Armenian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Had dinner last night at Jack Niemann's Black Forest Steak house – Wow was I surprised by the quality. I ordered the special, Steak and Lobster, and it was awesome. I never need any butter on the Lobster as it was already bursting with flavor. I also usually like A-1 with my steak. No need the steak was perfectly cooked tender and full of great flavors. At $29.99 this meal was a true value. The mashed potatoes were wonderful as well as the green beans. Great Cold local beer and the night was a huge win. My wife got the Salmon and she by the way is a salmon snob but she gave this piece her highest mark. If you have not checked out Niemann’s steak house in Blaine check it out you will be glad you did. One last thing when we arrived it was full (prom night) so we sat in the bar. Best seats in the house with views of the water. Great Service as well!!!

1  Thank Dave W

Reviewed 19 April 2014

My hubby and I decided to try out the Black Forest Steak house for an early dinner tonight. I had heard about their "happy hour" but couldn't find anything on their website to describe what it included. I am here to tell you all about it!

We arrived at the restaurant at about 5:15 PM and were promptly greeted by the gal who would end up being our server. We stated we were there for happy hour and were told to take a seat in the lounge. Happy Hour is only available in the bar/lounge.

Decor: Our table was a nice round wooden table, high back leather chairs right by the windows. The late afternoon sun was streaming in so our server was nice enough to lower the blinds for us. The restaurant felt modern and clean. There were a few large TVs showing the hockey game at no-volume which was a plus for my husband! It was nice there was no volume so you could still talk but also keep track of the score,

Drinks: the happy hour drink specials were $1.00 off draught beer and $1.00 off house wine, though the non-house wine ($7.00 - $8.00 per glass) I ordered ended up being $1.00 off. Cocktails were very expensive at about $9.00 - $10.00. If it was $8.00 I would've ordered one, but not $9.00. I think that is a good note to the restaurant because the profit off a mixed drink is huge so taking the prices down by a dollar or two might increase their alcohol sales. No one in the lounge was drinking anything other than beer. With the discount, my husband's beer was only $3.00 which was an incredible deal. My glass of wine was a good size and refreshing.

Food: the happy hour food specials were appies on sale for about $3 - $4 off. As well they had three main courses: 10 oz NY strip steak for $10.95, spaghetti bolognese for $8.95 and steak burger & fries for $8.95. I had the crab cakes & calamari for $6.95 each and my hubby had the burger and spanish prawns for $8.95 each. The food was truly awesome. My crab cakes were a good size and full of real crab meat (not a lot of filler) and fried golden brown. The calamari was simple but tasty. My husband's burger was probably the best burger we had have ever tasted- I kid you not. Its name, "the steak burger", is true enough as it really did taste as wonderful as a real steak. The spanish prawns were a little pricey since you only got 5 prawns but they were a good size. They were also spicy which was a surprise as the description was "olive oil and garlic". I had the apple strudel for dessert which was ultimately disappointing; nutmeg infused luke warm apples, somewhat soggy puff pastry and whip cream from a can. Despite the dessert our meal was truly wonderful and of great value.

Service: our server Sammi was patient and kind. She really made good suggestions seeing it was our first time at the restaurant. She was waiting on quite a few tables but we never felt neglected.

Overall, service was good, food was fantastic and value was fair. We will definitely be returning for another happy hour!

1  Thank BondGirl11
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Our resort recommended this restaurant for dinner and they were spot-on! Three in our group ordered the special, steak and lobster, and they all agreed it was the best ever, As a vegetarian, I asked to have a veggie plate and it was wonderful. We were served by a great server, Troy, who helped to make the entire dining experience exemplary. We would highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

The filet steaks and the schnitzel champignon are my favorites. We really like going to the BF Steak House in Blaine, but why do you feel that you have to charge soooo much for your dinners??? I compared the menu prices of the 2 BF restaurants (one in Bellingham and this one), and you charge $1.00 more for your schnitzel which is okay, BUT the Caesar salad is included in the other BF, and you charge $5.95 extra for it. I can't believe that your Caesar salad and Schnitzel are that MUCH better. And the "creamed spinach" comes in a small dish about 3/4 of a cup. You also own CJ's in Birch Bay, and the price reviews of that restaurant are about the same. It's toooo bad that the only two nice restaurants in our area have such negative reviews. We live in Semiahmoo, and we all feel the same way. It's time for you to take notice of the majority of your reviews and DO SOMETHING!!!!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Every time we go the Jack Niemann Black Forest Steak House we always order their steak.
It is by far the best restaurant steak that we have ever eaten.