“Great Weekend Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Blaine
Snohomish, Washington
“Great Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I made last minute reservations and were very happy that we were able to find a room here. Very relaxing, and you can't beat the views. The rooms are a little dated, but still very nice. Property very well maintained. The only complaint I have is the restaurant quality. I understand when you're staying in a resort, the food can cost a little more, but the quality should reflect the extra cost. We only took one meal at the resort, we went elsewhere for all of our other meals.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Betsy B
Ousmane D, Assistant General Manager at Semiahmoo Resort, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Betsy B
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience on TripAdvisor and for the great four star rating. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again when you are looking for another escape at Semiahmoo. Let me share with you that we are currently updating our guests’ rooms and several of them have already started going through a significant transition (new carpet, new wall paper, new marble counter tops, sinks and fixtures, upcoming new furniture, etc.) I will be delighted to share with you in details the full scope of the rooms’ rejuvenation if you desire or even better why not book another escape and enjoy Semiahmoo from a different angle.
Your feedback regarding your culinary experience is certainly well taken and as would like you to consider it as an isolated experience. Yet we will continue to strive for the excellence in that area so you can maximize like any other guest a journey surrounded by French cuisine.
We remain at your service,

Semiahmoo Resort Golf and Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Seattle, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was very disappointed with this hotel. Based on the other reviews, I was expecting a nice place. When you walk in, it does look nice. The room looked nice and was a good size. But the cost was high and they charge a $15 resort fee. I guess that's for the pool? Because everything else has an extra (exorbitant) fee. We stayed on the 3rd floor. I went to wash my face right before bed and there was no hot water. I thought it was odd, but hoped that I just hadn't left it running long enough. The next morning I wanted to take a shower and again, no hot water. I called for maintenance and then after waiting, decided to go to the pool to shower. My husband had to call again for maintenance. They turned on the faucet and the tub and said they had some problems with pumping hot water to the 3rd floor and the 4th was even worse. Then why did they rent out the room??? The water never became hot, just luke warm. He said we could switch rooms, but we're checking out in less than an hour. The front desk acted annoyed to see me complaining about no hot water. in the end they comped out dinner ($100 for 2 adults and 2 kids). This hotel was certainly not worth the money and I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Dawn F
Ousmane D, Assistant General Manager at Semiahmoo Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Dawn F,

First, please allow me to express my most sincerest apologies for the experience your encountered with the room temperature in your room.
Trust in the fact that not only was your experience the exception and not the rule, but it is very contradictory to our genuine levels of service and commitment to exceeding the expectations of our guests.

I will certainly research the situation that led to your dissatisfaction after presenting your situation to the front desk, and take corrective action as needed.
Furthermore, I very much invite you and your family to return to Semiahmoo resort so that we may have the opportunity to demonstrate our true spirit of hospitality.
Would you be so kind as to contact me directly at odiop@semiahmoo.com with your contact information so that I may rectify this situation?
With gratitude for your time and for bringing this to my attention, I remain at your service.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is a fun resort in northern Washington State. It is only a few miles from Canada. It is informal, relaxed, and congenial. There are a couple of golf courses to play. Both are excellent.This is definitely a place to go, if you are in the Northwest.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Ousmane D, Assistant General Manager at Semiahmoo Resort, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Baltoro

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the resort's facilities and the service. We are thrilled to hear that the golf courses are ‘excellent”. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have you back again the next time you are in the Northwest!

Best regards,
Kelowna
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We totally enjoyed our 3 day get away where we stayed at the resort the whole time. It is nice and close to Bellingham for shopping (15 min.) but best of all to two great golf courses. We had a balcony facing the ocean which was great to sit, have a glass of wine & watch the sun go down. We used the stay and play package and played Loomis Trail one day and Semiahmoo the other day. Both courses were in beautiful condition and very challenging. The restaurant at Semiahmoo Golf Course (Blue Heron) had outstanding food.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for the wonderful accolades and for simply taking the time to post a review of your experience on TripAdvisor. If you have escaped for three days at Semiahmoo resort, played golf and enjoyed your experience form the culinary aspect to the gold courses, we certainly would enjoy your return for another delightful one.
We will see you at your next escape and we hope soon!
Be Semiahmoo!

Bothell, Washington
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The resort is so nice and relaxing. I cannot think of another hotel in the area that is out on a "spit" of land. It takes about 20 minutes to drive there off the freeway, but you go through beautiful neighborhoods and golf courses. The sunset over Canada was amazing. They have planned activities at the beach. Make a side trip to White Rock in BC - it is a great place for dinner.

Room Tip: All Rooms are nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Tony
You certainly could not title your posting any better.
Although you live an hour and forty minutes away - we cannot wait to see you again as well so to catch the Semiahmoo sunset or maybe the storming days we have on the coast. Thank you for the great review and for taking us through your journey to the resort.
Make us your destination again!

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at Semiahmoo for 2 nights last week. We had stayed there some 20 plus years ago, when it was arguably the nicest resort in Washington State. We went up, not aware that the remodel was not completed. The room originally assigned to us was on the second floor right past an area where a number of rooms were being remodeled. The fumes from paint and other solvents was almost overpowering. The construction foreman was not happy that we were walking through this area. We got another room down the hall. It had not been remodeled yet, but wasn't to bad. However the bathroom, had a very bad musty odor. The view was beautiful, looking across the bay ay White Rock, BC. We ate all three days that we were there in either the restaurant or bar. The service was great, and the food was very good. Both these areas had been opened only a short time. We think they will soon have everything running smoothly. The property management company has a very good track record, we have stayed at some of their other properties. We know they are probably in a hurry to generate some income from room rentals. We think they would be better served by waiting a few more months, and getting more of the facility renovated. It is a beautiful property, and we would not hesitate to come back when things are better put together. .

Room Tip: Ask if you can get a room that has been remodeled, and is away from current construction areas.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BigJohnP
Dear Guest
We very much appreciate you sharing the positive, as well as the constructive commentary regarding your visit, especially the remarks regarding the must odor in your secondary room and the unwelcomed experience you had with the foreman (not to forget the fume).
Please accept my sincere apologies for these occurrences and trust in the fact that these items have been reviewed, addressed and rectified. We certainly are not in a hurry yet we would like to create the environment that would welcome all guests with emphasize on safety, comfort and great experience in service.
As you validated, Coastal Hotels certainly has a record of high standards and we aim at adding Semiahmoo to the good track record.
Should your future travel plans call for a return visit to Seattle, please call me directly so that I may personally ensure that all facets of your stay in residence exceed your expectations.

ousmane Diop
Semiahmoo resort Golf and Spa
Washington
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I went here for our Anniversary on June 17-19. We love being by the water and the views here are excellent with an excellent walking path. We knew the property was being renovated but we weren't inconvenienced at all. Our room was clean but had not been one that had been renovated and still it was nice. We did encounter slow drains in the bathroom and maintenance took care of the problem by cleaning the drains. We wished the wi-fi would have been a better connection. We enjoyed the quietness, water view, nicely kept grounds and the Eagles roosting in the tree near our room. The only problem is our Son and Daughter-in-law had ordered wine and strawberries to be delivered to our room on a specific day and it wasn't delivered. We found out about their kind gesture upon returning home and were sorry that we didn't receive the delivery. We are hoping they weren't charged for this. Over all, it is a good place to stay and would return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. Your pictures! They simply took us through the experience you had at the resort and we find them unique (especially the couple bold eagles- rare catch).
We are glad you made us your destination for celebrating your anniversary and we were able to meet your expectations except the faux pas as we omitted to deliver the surprise from your son and daughter in law. Allow us to apologize. Our culture is one that is service-centric, but in the end we are people serving people and in this regard perfection is an endless pursuit.
I do hope you choose to stay with us again and am hopeful you reach out to me directly at odiop@semiahmoo.com when making your next reservation so that I can help to ensure we make up for the faux pas you experienced.

Regards,

Semiahmoo Resort Golf and Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blaine
Ocean Promenade Hotel
Worldmark Birch Bay
#2 of 3 in Blaine
South Surrey
Pacific Inn Resort and Conference Centre

Been to Semiahmoo Resort? Share your experiences!