“Awesome escape”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Blaine
Edmonds, Washington
“Awesome escape”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My friends and I wanted an escape from reality! A true get away! We couldn't have asked for a better place. Our massage in the spa was fabulous, our walks on the beach were great. We drove into Birch Bay and walked around. It was truly an escape we will all do again!

Room Tip: Next time I hope to have a first floor room, facing the water. But I must say, the third floor fac...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jemrey2014
Ousmane D, Assistant General Manager at Semiahmoo Resort, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Guest
Your first sentence really made us smile and even some of us really were tickled. We certainly will welcome you back for another escape to Semiahmoo for more and possibly add the experiences to your reality. Wouldn't be great?
Certainly lots of services and amenities that we offer will make your next escape and Pacific Northwest discover adventure as memorable and relaxing as it has been for you and your friends.
We hope to see you soon again and thank you for sharing your experience via TripAdvisor.
Best regards,
Semiahmoo Resort Golf and Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Camas, Washington
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband & I went up to Blaine for a wedding with our four children. Because the wedding started at 330 pm & check in was at 4... We opted to check in after the wedding. I called to let them know we'd be arriving at 9pm. When we arrived at 945pm...there was NO sheets on the pill out and there were not enough beds for our family of 6. I had to call the front desk twice. The operator informed me they did not put sheets on the pull out unless asked. What??? When house keeping arrived at 10 pm she asked if we wanted her to put the sheets on our bed. Another odd thing is when we inquired about WiFi...the bell hop said we could get the best connection in the hall?!? Who wants to watch Netflix in the hallway?? Would never stay at this resort. Very disappointed in a room that we paid over $300 for. Biggest joke of a resort.

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank fantastic06
Dear Guest
I am so sorry to hear of your disappointment (and unreasonable stay). Moreover, I am most apologetic that we failed to meet and/or exceed your expectations.
If time permits, I welcome a call so that I may hear firsthand about your stay. This will not only provide me with valuable information that will help us to improve, but will provide me the opportunity to attempt to regain your trust.

Please feel free to contact me at 360.318.2036 or via e-mail at odiop@semiahmoo.com

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I am usually not one to write a review, but we had such a wonderful time at Semiahmoo that I want to recommend it to other families. The Children's Sea Club (2 1/2 hours of arts, crafts and learning about the seashore) was a hit with our two kids, and the beach access, the sunset s'mores and bonfire, the heated outdoor pool, the friendly staff, the food, and the bike trails were all beyond our expectations. Two thumbs up.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upgrade when you check in-- they are very willing to help you find the best room poss...
1 Thank Jen T
Dear Jen T
As we read your posting/feedback, we feel that we have a pretty good snapshot of a great family getaway. How wonderful that the newly added program, Children Sea Club is being a success here at the resort. As you may have read in some of the responses we are simply in the business of creating unforgettable experience for our guests and how else can the staff be praised if the entire family testify that it was the case during your visit.
Thank you for sharing your “two thumbs up”. Come back again for more soon!

Seattle
Reviewed 19 July 2014

After visiting Semiahmoo in the spring, I was thrilled to return for a summer wedding. The Oyster Bar is a great venue - right on the beach, with great bar food, fun drinks, and a fantastic atmosphere. Our rooms were so comfy - great beds and towels; we got a dog room which we appreciated so much as our family had so much fun romping on the amazing beaches. The wedding was a whole new Semiahmoo experience - with vows and then cocktails out on this historic pier, then a beautiful dinner in a very festive space created with an elaborate tent and beautiful flowers and décor. I was impressed by how well the staff handled all the logistics of a large destination wedding. It all seemed to flow flawlessly. Our whole family had a fabulous time.
Lots of people played golf as well and really enjoyed that dimension of the lodge.

Room Tip: Our dog room was great. We were opposite the water side, but on the ground floor.
1 Thank Shelley R
Dear Shelley R
Reading your wonderful posting it seems like you left Semiahmoo wanting to return again and again.
The entire team is thrilled as much you and your family are as you have chosen us not only as your destination to enjoy our amenities, location but the service as well. Service that I would like to personally second as the staff has made the wedding another success story. Thank you for your accolades.
Best Regards,
Seattle
Reviewed 19 July 2014

First time here for a quick overnight with my wife. Exquisite location. Restaurant and bar are modern and great decor with exceptional service. The bonfire on te beach was sort of a let down. There was a small fire and ingredients for S'mores left on the ground (maybe a small table would be nice?) but no staff to replenish items or continually provide clean utensils, etcetera.
Rooms and common areas fell short for the price. Decor is 1980 at best. And you need a long neck to enjoy the view from the balcony as the railing is right in your line of site while you sit and is a healthy 9" tall.
The best way to describe the experience was a great recipe missing a key ingredient. It's so close. I'm certain they will have it dialed in shortly. It can be an incredible property and destination with the right "fixes"
They would sell out consistently.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank WenScott
Dear WenScott
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide such a detailed review of your stay at Semiahmoo resort. While it is always wonderful to hear and read wonderful accolades it is constructive commentary such as yours that helps us to improve.
I specifically apologize on behalf of the entire team for the experience you incurred at the bonfire. It is our goal to create a memorable experience and therefore, we strive to go with the principle that amenities and service have to be consistent. I am sorry we fell short during your visit.
Good point regarding rooms and these points are being addressed if you follow my responses. The rooms are in transition and are being fully renovated so to meet our guests' desire of aesthetic, feng shui and room comfort. Rest assured, our team has the main ingredient and all you items of feedback are in line with our aim to facilitate positive change.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to you giving us the opportunity to showcase a great product and excellence in service.
Snohomish, Washington
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I made last minute reservations and were very happy that we were able to find a room here. Very relaxing, and you can't beat the views. The rooms are a little dated, but still very nice. Property very well maintained. The only complaint I have is the restaurant quality. I understand when you're staying in a resort, the food can cost a little more, but the quality should reflect the extra cost. We only took one meal at the resort, we went elsewhere for all of our other meals.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Betsy B
Dear Betsy B
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience on TripAdvisor and for the great four star rating. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again when you are looking for another escape at Semiahmoo. Let me share with you that we are currently updating our guests’ rooms and several of them have already started going through a significant transition (new carpet, new wall paper, new marble counter tops, sinks and fixtures, upcoming new furniture, etc.) I will be delighted to share with you in details the full scope of the rooms’ rejuvenation if you desire or even better why not book another escape and enjoy Semiahmoo from a different angle.
Your feedback regarding your culinary experience is certainly well taken and as would like you to consider it as an isolated experience. Yet we will continue to strive for the excellence in that area so you can maximize like any other guest a journey surrounded by French cuisine.
We remain at your service,

Seattle, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was very disappointed with this hotel. Based on the other reviews, I was expecting a nice place. When you walk in, it does look nice. The room looked nice and was a good size. But the cost was high and they charge a $15 resort fee. I guess that's for the pool? Because everything else has an extra (exorbitant) fee. We stayed on the 3rd floor. I went to wash my face right before bed and there was no hot water. I thought it was odd, but hoped that I just hadn't left it running long enough. The next morning I wanted to take a shower and again, no hot water. I called for maintenance and then after waiting, decided to go to the pool to shower. My husband had to call again for maintenance. They turned on the faucet and the tub and said they had some problems with pumping hot water to the 3rd floor and the 4th was even worse. Then why did they rent out the room??? The water never became hot, just luke warm. He said we could switch rooms, but we're checking out in less than an hour. The front desk acted annoyed to see me complaining about no hot water. in the end they comped out dinner ($100 for 2 adults and 2 kids). This hotel was certainly not worth the money and I wouldn't go back.

4 Thank Dawn F
Ousmane D, Assistant General Manager at Semiahmoo Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Dawn F,

First, please allow me to express my most sincerest apologies for the experience your encountered with the room temperature in your room.
Trust in the fact that not only was your experience the exception and not the rule, but it is very contradictory to our genuine levels of service and commitment to exceeding the expectations of our guests.

I will certainly research the situation that led to your dissatisfaction after presenting your situation to the front desk, and take corrective action as needed.
Furthermore, I very much invite you and your family to return to Semiahmoo resort so that we may have the opportunity to demonstrate our true spirit of hospitality.
Would you be so kind as to contact me directly at odiop@semiahmoo.com with your contact information so that I may rectify this situation?
With gratitude for your time and for bringing this to my attention, I remain at your service.

Semiahmoo Resort Golf and Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blaine
Ocean Promenade Hotel
Worldmark Birch Bay
#2 of 3 in Blaine
South Surrey
Pacific Inn Resort and Conference Centre

Been to Semiahmoo Resort? Share your experiences!