“Mediocre but great atmosphere”
Review of Packers Oyster Bar

Packers Oyster Bar
Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Blaine
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Semiahmoo Bay
Description: ocated on the waterfront at Semiahmoo Resort, Packers Oyster Bar is open daily for lunch and dinner plus Happy Hour, Late Night and Dessert offerings. No reservations required! The ever popular Semiahmoo dining staple for locals and guests has been transformed while maintaining its charm and casual feel. An expanded, open space is complemented by black walnut floors, a sprawling distressed wood bar, leather arm chairs, artisan-inspired bar stools and vibrant fabrics, and the wall of windows showcases a 180-degree view of Drayton Harbor. Packers' menus feature items including oysters on-the-half shell, burgers and fish and chips. Culinary hallmarks on the menus daily are the freshest, often changing products available locally.
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We love everything about Semiahmoo Resort...except the food. Tried out restaurant recently but was disappointed. Food was average at best. Seems like frozen costco food. Bakery items stale. Let's hope they get creative and make their food fresh.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

great food, great view, great service. Semiahmoo is back and so is the Packers Oyster bar. I love oysters and they did not disappoint me at all. We will be back very soon.

1  Thank laurmeister
Reviewed 29 September 2013

with the re-opening of the resort I was looking forward to going back to Packers. My fiancee and I have a boat at the marina and the restaurant being within walking distance the location is ideal when we don't want to cook on the boat.
I had ordered a burger and fries while my fiancee ordered beer battered fish and chips. First issue was no one could make me a planters punch, then it took 40 minutes for the food to arrive and once it did my fries were stone cold. They were replaced quickly enough and the replacement fries were good, My fiancees fries were hot but stale, the fish was bland. We left disappointed in service and food especially since they have been talking up the new chef. I understand this was within a week of the re-opening and I hope things will get better if not I am at a loss for a place to eat when I am at the boat. They also need to decide just what Packers is, it tries to be a sports bar with several TV's showing football the Sunday we were there, but the menu is anything but sports bar like. It tries to be an oyster bar, but none available when we asked, They try to be a French bistro, but fall way short and It is ludicrous a bar cannot make up a classic cocktail. We will try again But only one more chance.
I am also not wild on the new paint job either inside Packers not on the outside of the Hotel. The mustard yellow is not that appealing on the outside being too dark. The new owners will need to get a grip on things or the resort will be closing again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

In years past, Packers has been one of my favorite places to drink, eat, and watch the sunset. The last year the resort was open the quality wasn't as good as it had been, but we returned for the ambience. We were disappointed but not enough to keep us away.

The new color scheme is a little jarring...the outside is bright yellow and gold, reminds me of a La Quinta Inn. Hopefully they will replace the overhang they removed at the front door. There is no protection from the weather at the entry..

This last visit was a big letdown! The sunset is still there, but the new menu was a little confusing and lackluster. Keep it simple!!! There were several things on the menu that we had to google...didn't know what they were. The crab and avocado sandwich I ordered arrived on a croissant (didn't mention that on the menu) without any avocado! There were way too many red and green peppers in the crab, ruined the delicate flavor. The mushroom fries were a disappointment, soggy and limp. The other person with me ordered the hamburger, it was ordered medium rare, it arrived completely overcooked and dried out. The bun was very nice.

We also ordered from the kids' menu. The size of the portion was enough for an adult, the salmon was raw in the middle, made us think it was a frozen filet, was not that great.

We asked about the new chef, were told there wasn't one, that a consulting chef had made the menu and there were only line cooks in the kitchen...too bad. I'm going to wait a while before I return and hope there is a different menu and a dedicated head chef! I think they should have waited longer to reopen, the place still looks run down, the staff were steam cleaning the carpets in the long hallway that you have to walk down to get to the restaurant.. Do that in the late evening hours, not during the dinner hours. It was tacky! Thought they would replace the carpeting! Maybe that's on the schedule of things to do. Looking forward to the future, hope it comes together!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Was so happy to see that Semiahmoo re-opened, unfortunately there is much to do in Packers to equal there previous level of food and service. Service was OK, but food was expensive for the portion size and missed the mark terribly. Watch out for Pasta Carbonara, which should be re-named as Carbonara Soup. Sauce was extremely watery and dish overall lacked flavor, no offer of additional cheese or pepper - unusual for pasta dishes! And this dish was suggested by server as very good. Dessert was Chocolate Sauce with fresh donuts. What a miss! Sauce was not melted chocolate but rather tasteless hot chocolate and unfortunately donuts were not fully cooked.

Enjoyed a wonderful sunset and surroundings are lovely, but not sure if we will return!

Been to Packers Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!