“Stay far away!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Blaine
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Stay far away!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed at this resort in June 2014. I've stayed here número use times before and never had an issue. I'm assuming the decline is due to new management or employees. The vacation started with me calling in advance to see if we could get in early. I was told no problem one of your two rooms was already at 12:30ish. When we arrived I was told a room wasn't ready and that checkin wasn't until 4. I can only assume they gabe the room that was ready to another guest. Next issue- I couldn't get the bbq to work and request a lighter. Maintence came a very rude man to let me know they don't use lighters to ignite their bbq, which in many of the worldmark resorts they put them in the rooms just in case you have an issue. Next issue- we had a large family party outside of our unit. Then it doesn't end there. A grown man that was with the family partying outside of our unit was harrassing my teen son and his friends. Again the staff wasn't helpful at all especially maintence. I'm an owner and I have to say with this experience I want to get rid of My membership!! Stay far away from this resort!

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Tammytrav
Sandi R, General Manager at Worldmark Birch Bay, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
Dear Tammy,

I appreciate your feedback in regards to your stay at Birch Bay WorldMark. I am sorry you felt there has been such a decline from your previous stays. We work on a best fit for room assignments for when the reservation was made. I apologize there was miscommunication in regards to being able to get into your room early on the day of arrival.

I am also sorry that our staff did not deliver excellent customer service when they were assisting you with your bar-b-q as well as with the party occuring outside your unit. Safety and security and a great vacation experience are our top priorities.

I hope you give us another opporunity to here at WorldMark Birch Bay, I am confident we will exceed your expectations.

WorldMark Birch Bay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Covington, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This is the third time we have stayed at this Worldmark due to our timeshare membership. There are many positives about this place and a few negatives.
Pros: 2 pools- one is partially indoor. Nice hot tub. Good front desk service that let us have a pool key before our room was ready. Nice view of beach for a FEW rooms. Convenient location to restaurants and shops. Beach has really low tides so fun to go exploring. Clean rooms with grills on balcony. Close to Canada.
Cons: Wifi is not free. Room check in isn't until 4pm. Many rooms have no view or mostly parking lot view with a tiny glimpse of the ocean. Located near an RV park so can be noisy. People loiter in parking lot next door. They are noisy. Liquor store located right below- people are in and out of there a lot. Be prepared to have a room filled with marijuana smell wafting from other decks as there is no air conditioning so windows need to be left open in the summer.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank tras99
Sandi R, General Manager at Worldmark Birch Bay, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Tras99,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We always appreciate feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the beach, clean rooms, convenient location and our great Guest Service staff. I also appreciate your thoughts on the things that could have been better. Noise in our area, especially in the summer is definitely a factor as Birch Bay beach and the restaurants in our vicinity are all very popular. It is something we are constantly trying to monitor and address.

If you are an owner and have stayed at other resorts you know that all WorldMarks charge for Wi-Fi in an effort to keep prices lower for Owners. It is set up so that the people with multiple devices and the ones using the internet are the ones paying for it. Our units all vary in layout and view and there are many options it just depend what is available (based on best fit and when your reservation was made) as to whether you would have more of a view than others as we are at full occupancy during the summer. Thank you for your thoughts on smoking on our decks as that is something that is being looked at by the company as well.

I look forward to having you back again and always happy when our Owners and their Guests enjoy themselves.

WorldMark Birch Bay
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed 30 May 2014

occupants above our rooms were walking with stumping feets, also kids were running around. Restaurant and club customer across the street from our rooms were so uncontrollably loud. We are unable to sleep even with the windows close. Had to call office to call Sheriff to control this wild party people and send inside the restaurant & bar. We love the sunset and the bay especially when low tide. The rooms itself were beautiful with hot tub on the balcony.

Room Tip: if you don't mind loud noise on weekends this rooms were excellent. Large, sunny and bright. als...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank tarceladunn54
Sandi R, General Manager at Worldmark Birch Bay, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Tarceladunn,

Thank you so much for posting your feedback about your stay at WorldMark Birch Bay. I'm glad that you enjoyed our beautiful rooms, personal hot tub and the sunset views and beach. I am sorry your sleep was disrupted. Unfortunately we cannot do anything about the noise from the bar across the street except monitor it and call the autorities when necessary. However, we do offer complimentary ear plugs at the front desk for your convenience.

I apologize for the outside noise as well as from the people above. Please feel free to reach out to guest services at any point during your stay if there are any concerns. We want to make sure you have a great vacation and will do whatever we can to accomodate you. Thank you for making us aware. We hope you give us another opportunity.

Sequim, Washington
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This was our second stay at this Resort. We are not owners there but were on a timeshare swap. I've been told before that their owners always get preferential treatment. I had gone to great lengths to assure that we'd get a special needs room...no such luck. The toilets are so low, no hand bars to get up and in one bathroom the space was so narrow I had to remove the toilet roll to avoid hitting my elbow on it. Room needed a professional cleaning. Shower stall had fixture so high it only hit the top of my head (I'm not 6' tall) and no explanation of how to work their extremely difficult shower handles). First appearance is that the redecoration job a while back was lovely. Living room furniture all too low to get out of for us..maybe if you are in your 30's. Lots of noisey children. Since you can check in ANY day of the week, they were arriving daily (unfortunately near Spring Break time but these were al LITTLE kids) so all hyped up, squealing, running up and down elevator and corridors to pool and back, screaming and sequaling in pools all day long 8-10 AM...no adult hours as they said it would be "discrimination"..Workout gym is UPSTAIRS (no elevator) so getting there is a work out if you are planning to do any physical therapy. Make sure your room is not near the vent for the corridor a/c unless you are deaf. The bed was great but sheets didn't fit the king size bed.

Room Tip: Avoid room with a/c vent in corridor as we had high pitch fan sound for 24 hours until I figured out...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ruth M
Sandi R, General Manager at Worldmark Birch Bay, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Ruth,

Thank you for sharing your experience at WorldMark Birch Bay. I am sorry we were unable to accommodate your request for a special needs unit as your reservation was made through a third party travel company over a year ago and we were full with Owner's and guests enjoying spring break by the time we realized you were not getting the room type you were expecting.

I appreciate your feedback in regards to the noise from other Owners and their children. We always want to make sure everyone is enjoying their stay and making sure that everyone is following policies and not being disruptive to other Owners. Thank you for bringing to our attention your thoughts on the bathroom fixtures, fitness center and the corridor fan, all great feedback to have to help us improve.

I would like to assure you we treat all guests that stay at our resort whether Owner’s, Guests of Owner’s or someone who has chosen to stay with us through another means with equal respect and service. We value everyone that comes to Birch Bay to enjoy their vacation and will do whatever we can to assist in making their experience a great one.

I hope you give us another opportunity and come back to visit. Thank you again for your comments.

360-371-0880
Blaine, Washington
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The stay was perfect for what we needed. Clean, comfortable, classy and functional- we wish we'd had more time!

The showers had great pressure (something strangely important to me), the kitchen was fully stocked and we love the private patio although the landscaping leaves something to be desired!

Great drinks across the street at Via during 'movie nite' and popped in to Shores for a quick brewski..... Rented movies and enjoyed watching next to the fireplace.

All around great experience!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank AmbNatBro
Sandi R, General Manager at Worldmark Birch Bay, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Hello Ambnatbro,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience at WorldMark Birch Bay. I'm so glad you enjoyed our great showers, private deck, fully stocked kitchen and local watering holes.

I hope you have the opportunity to come back soon as our landscaping is about to get under way. With all the rain we've had there is definitely a lot of standing water around.

With you being so close in proximity we hope to see you soon so you may enjoy more movies by our fireplace. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

360-371-0880
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed here a few years ago and it was ok, but they have remodeled and I was pleasantly surprised. My Brother and I had a 1 bedroom that was large, well equipped and was set up perfectly for privacy. I had the bedroom with a comfortable Queen bed and my Brother had the Murphy Bed in the living room which he said was really nice. The bathroom is in the hall so it was easily assessable for both of us. There is a full kitchen with an island, a fireplace and large living room, and a balcony with a big propane BBQ that we grilled fresh salmon on. Wifi was $15 for the week for 2 devices. The location is convenient to Bellingham, Wa, Vancouver, BC, the Annacortes Wa State Ferries to the San Juan Islands, and to the East, the Mountains. It was March so we expected (and got some rain) but we didn't let that interfere with sightseeing. We explored Fairhaven, the San Juan Islands and the Olympic Peninsula as well as Blaine, Bellingham, and Lynden. I will definitely return and not hesitate to recommend Worldmark Birch Bay to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Charles V
Julie M, Guest Relations Manager at Worldmark Birch Bay, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear Chuck,

Thank you for the kind words. We are so happy your enjoyed out recent renovation and Birch Bay's convenient location as a jumping off point to Vacouver, B.C., Bellingham, and the surrounding area.

We appreciate you taking time to post your feedback, and look forward to your next visit to Birch Bay.

Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Not much to do there in the winter other than go shopping at the outlet stores, Costco/Winco & malls in nearby Bellingham area. Went there in early Dec. during a cold spell. Including wind chill, it was -20ish C and so not much to do other than stay in your rooms.

Wanted to use the pool & hottub my in-laws were telling us about but the hottub/whirlpool is outdoors & the pool is small & an indoor/outdoor set up so when the wind & weather is not cooperating, its too cold to use in the winter. Going to a "resort" without access to a nice pool is just a waste of time & money.

On the positive side, lots of places to sleep with 2 bedrooms & a big Murphy bed in the living room. Kitchen is good & well stocked with pots/pans & utensils.

Recommend going any other time than in the middle of winter.

Room Tip: Corner suite will give you view of the water.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Anthony S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blaine
Sandcastle at Birch Bay
Oxford Suites Bellingham
#1 of 26 in Bellingham
Hotel Bellwether
#9 of 26 in Bellingham

Been to Worldmark Birch Bay? Share your experiences!